Weekly Round-Up #15
November 13th, 2011 | Auctions
It’s been a loooong time since I last did a swag watch update, so here are a couple interesting things I’ve noticed recently!
Looks like this guy is selling a huge chunk of his gaming collection – it’s a ton of stuff 😯 I’m wondering if it’ll actually sell though, it seems to be in a pretty hefty price range.
The MOTHER 1 novel appears from time to time, but they’re usually kind of beat up. This one comes with one of those neat decorative obis that Japanese books tend to have. I don’t see this very often (in fact my own MOTHER 1 novel copy doesn’t even have one) so if you’re a collector this might be worth snagging.
These are always tough to find, and even tougher to find a full set like this – some sellers like to sell it all separately to get the most money out of ’em. I really wish I had picked up one of these back in the day, then I could’ve really appreciated the Mr. Saturn plush, as it was the first and only Mr. Saturn plush at the time. It’s still much rarer than most of the other Mr. Saturn stuff out there now, though.
Actually, I was just wondering – does ANYONE here have one of these art books? I just realized I’m not sure I know anyone who actually owns it!
One of the neat things about EarthBound was how the game was promoted. It didn’t really hit its mark (for various reasons fans debate about), but it was cool and most of the print ads involved scratch-n-sniff stuff. This particular auction includes one of those print ads, and I bet it still smells a little bit, even after all these years. I mostly recall a picture of a thick piece of pizza smelling like pizza spices or something, but I know there were other smells.
The Giant Mr. Saturn plushes were really rare to begin with, now they’re extremely hard to come across. This particular one I saw relist a few days ago. I think this one still hasn’t sold yet because of the crazy price, but you can probably afford it if you sell a kidney or two 😛
Yahoo! Auctions Japan Stuff
YAJ always has cool merch, here’s some stuff I came across that you’d have a tough time finding on eBay:
- MOTHER 2 promotional flier – I think this was handed out in stores or somewhere else back in like 1994. I’m amazed they’re still around 😯
- Some Japanese game magazine with MOTHER 2 stuff in it – I’ve never seen this magazine brand before, so I don’t know what to expect from it. It looks cool though.
- 1994 Nintendo EarthWorld booklet, including MOTHER 2 promo advertisement – I see this on YAJ a lot, I’ve never seen it anywhere else.
Anyway, that’s all for now. I’ve been kinda falling behind keeping up with EarthBound/MOTHER stuff on the eBays and Yahoo Japans, so if you come across something cool, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to Swag Watch for Nov. 13, 2011
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!