Cookie Giygas is in Trouble Now!
Once again the flood of Itoi interview translation continues as Chewy blasts through her NaNoTraMo stuff!
This time we’re treated to an interview in the January 31, 1997 issue of Famitsu. In it, Shigesato Itoi and Satoru Iwata discuss stuff from the ill-fated Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3. Here’s an excerpt:
Nagata Moving on, what’s the deal with the battles that Itoi’s always raving about like a madman?
Itoi How rude! (laughs) I’d like to talk about what it is, but I can’t yet.
Iwata It’s still in the testing stages. For example, MOTHER 2 had the monsters visibly walking around the field map. And when you touched one of the monsters, you entered the battle. So first and foremost we wanted to expand on that. In short, we’d like to allow strategies against the monsters right on the field. Not so battles become obligations, but so it becomes more fun.
Definitely check out the full thing here! And be sure to visit Chewy’s site and cheer her on 😀
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to Shigesato Itoi in Jan. 1997 Famitsu
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 EARTHBOUND DOSEISAN MR SATURN & GEPPU MASTER BELCH PLUSH DOLL JP NEW
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...