MOTHER 1+2 Translation Update 1
Once again the flood of Itoi interview translation continues as Chewy blasts through her NaNoTraMo stuff!
This time we’re treated to an interview in the January 31, 1997 issue of Famitsu. In it, Shigesato Itoi and Satoru Iwata discuss stuff from the ill-fated Nintendo 64 version of MOTHER 3. Here’s an excerpt:
Nagata Moving on, what’s the deal with the battles that Itoi’s always raving about like a madman?
Itoi How rude! (laughs) I’d like to talk about what it is, but I can’t yet.
Iwata It’s still in the testing stages. For example, MOTHER 2 had the monsters visibly walking around the field map. And when you touched one of the monsters, you entered the battle. So first and foremost we wanted to expand on that. In short, we’d like to allow strategies against the monsters right on the field. Not so battles become obligations, but so it becomes more fun.
Definitely check out the full thing here! And be sure to visit Chewy’s site and cheer her on
Other Related Posts:
5 Comments to Shigesato Itoi in Jan. 1997 Famitsu
Leave a reply
- Jorge Primera: Puede ser, pero sería mejor si llegara con un rediseño, más o menos como lo dibujaría Yoshiyuki Sadamoto. Aún mejor, ¡que aparezcan...
- KingMike: I hear Nintendo got pretty burned on Tales of Phantasia (which some people like Cless, refused to support it for the GBA being reportedly...
- Wyatt8740: The link is dead. Like everything else I want to see on youtube, this is deleted.
- Anonymous: @Anon it was my understanding that he was president of NoA before (with no one to answer to on the North American side of things) and...
- Chivi-chivik: This is completely understanable. Heck, they can’t please every fan out there. That’s IMPOSSIBLE to do. If authors...