November 6th, 2011 | EarthBound, Fan Games, Videos

This is a bit old by now, but there’s a really neat interactive Saved by the Bell game on YouTube, and it relies very much on EarthBound and MOTHER 3-style graphics and presentation:

You basically get to make various choices and take branching paths while the Saved by the Bell gang gets into its usual hijinx. Here’s the starting video:

I just finished watching the entire thing (well, not the Ms. Bliss stuff or the College Years stuff) on DVD not so long ago, so it’s cool to see the attention to detail this game has. That it’s EarthBound-ish makes it even better. Although I’m starting to think a lot of the younger folk here might not be familiar with the show… :X

13 Comments to Saved by the Bell, EarthBound-Style

RadicOmega said on Nov. 6, 2011

I always thought that if you play around on Youtube a snake will apear? I never tried it though sounds fun

The Great Morgil said on Nov. 6, 2011

I never watched that show, but my sister did a lot, so i still get the gist of this thing. Pretty cool.

SPZ said on Nov. 6, 2011

Zackuu!

Christie said on Nov. 6, 2011

I’ve watched re-runs of this occasionally so I’ll definitely be checking it out.

RandomGuardian said on Nov. 6, 2011

Wait, was this show on the Disny channel or something? I remember some show on tv with that name…

Mato said on Nov. 6, 2011

SPZ said on Nov. 7, 2011

They used to show it on saturday mornings on nbc in the early 90s.

Zoom! said on Nov. 7, 2011

@RadicOmega You mean the game Snake?

RadicOmega said on Nov. 7, 2011

@Zoom! Yeah that’s it. How do you play it. I’ve tried t odo it and nothing happened

Zoom! said on Nov. 7, 2011

@RadicOmega, I’m not sure, I just know about it. Sorry 🙁

Janetter said on Nov. 8, 2011

@RadicOmega You press the left or right arrow keys while the video’s still loading. It doesn’t work if the video buffers quickly, though; I imagine it’s there specifically to keep people from being bored when it’s taking forever to load.

man said on Nov. 9, 2011

@Janetter Sadly, afaik, the video doesn’t actually buffer when you’re playing the game…