November 22nd, 2011 | Videos

A couple weeks ago I spotlighted a site by a Japanese fan named Picosaru. On the page was a bunch of Nintendo sprites drawn in a decidedly MOTHER-y style, arranged in the way the “cast of characters” roll works at the end of EarthBound and MOTHER 3.

Anyway, it’s now in video form!

You’ll need to set aside a lot of time to watch the full thing – there are zillions of characters 😯 How many of them can you name? By the time I reached the Pokemon I was like, “Blue Thing, Green Thing, Pikachu, Other Thing…”

10 Comments to Picosaru Animated Cast Roll

TomServo said on Nov. 22, 2011

I love it so much!

FlyingManCourage said on Nov. 22, 2011

Stories from “When Being Out-of-The-Loop Goes Right”:

Was browsing articles the other day…just doing a nice little strut of discovery around here. Came across the your article. Starting surfing. Came across this video. Went all smiley.

Cool story, right?

Anonymous said on Nov. 22, 2011

It seems that this is ongoing. I check it every so often and he’s always made a couple new sprites. His MOTHER sprites are new, too, not just sprite rips.

The Great Morgil said on Nov. 22, 2011

Holy crap, that thing’s 27 minutes?! I don’t have time to watch through the whole thing now. I’ll have to catch it later.

DragonKazooie89 said on Nov. 22, 2011

That was neat but I didn’t see the Ice Climbers anywhere…

Anonymous said on Nov. 22, 2011

It’s nice and all buuuut… Where’s Lucas and Boney?! O.o I saw everyone BUT them!

Crav said on Nov. 22, 2011

That was really impressive.

LakituAl said on Nov. 23, 2011

Mawile and the Majora’s Mask moon made my day.

Mother Fanatic said on Nov. 23, 2011

Yeah, the moon is especially funny in Kirbopher’s “Nin10Doh! To the 64th Power” Animated flash parody!!!!

SomeUser said on Nov. 23, 2011

Aww, the Banjo-Kazooie one doesn’t have Kazooie.
Man, I liked Kazooie.