A couple folks have sent this in recently, here’s what Kelsyjones says:
I’m not sure if it’s actually supposed to be a Mother 3 reference, but I thought I’d send it in anyway.
In the first chapter of the Black Butler manga (also known as Kuroshitsuji), one of the main characters receives a game for the “Ninkyodo Gameguy Advance”, an obvious parody of the Nintendo Gameboy Advance. The game’s title is “Mouse 3”. The title is written in all capital letters and located in the upper right corner of the box, and there’s no other art on the box (besides the mouse, which is part of the title logo) making it appear similar to Mother 3’s box. I’m not sure if it was intentional or not, but I immediately thought of Mother 3 when I read it.
Also, early in the second chapter, two young boys in the foreground of one panel are playing with things that resemble Nintendo DS (I’m not sure how to pluralize that), despite the manga taking place in Victorian era London. I’m not sure if there are any other Nintendo references, as I’ve only read to the second chapter so far.
It’s interesting seeing all these parody cameos of MOTHER games in manga and anime. I guess the series is popular among media creators. Which makes sense, since the kids who played the series as kids are now all grown up and making this stuff now 😛
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to MOTHER 3 Cameo in Black Butler
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.