Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
A couple folks have sent this in recently, here’s what Kelsyjones says:
I’m not sure if it’s actually supposed to be a Mother 3 reference, but I thought I’d send it in anyway.
In the first chapter of the Black Butler manga (also known as Kuroshitsuji), one of the main characters receives a game for the “Ninkyodo Gameguy Advance”, an obvious parody of the Nintendo Gameboy Advance. The game’s title is “Mouse 3”. The title is written in all capital letters and located in the upper right corner of the box, and there’s no other art on the box (besides the mouse, which is part of the title logo) making it appear similar to Mother 3’s box. I’m not sure if it was intentional or not, but I immediately thought of Mother 3 when I read it.
Also, early in the second chapter, two young boys in the foreground of one panel are playing with things that resemble Nintendo DS (I’m not sure how to pluralize that), despite the manga taking place in Victorian era London. I’m not sure if there are any other Nintendo references, as I’ve only read to the second chapter so far.
It’s interesting seeing all these parody cameos of MOTHER games in manga and anime. I guess the series is popular among media creators. Which makes sense, since the kids who played the series as kids are now all grown up and making this stuff now 😛
Other Related Posts:
15 Comments to MOTHER 3 Cameo in Black Butler
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...