Poll: Is EarthBound Overrated?
Good day, reader. I was playing Earthbound on my emulator, and I stumbled upon a little bug in Mr. Carpainter’s place.
I accidentally pressed “Talk to” on a gift before I fought Mr. Carpainter, and the message box said, “There’s no response,” as if you were talking to one of the Happyists in the worship.
Right after I fought Carpainter, I tried to talk to the box again, and this time, it said, “Who are you talking to?”
I don’t think anyone else has submitted this yet, so I really hope this is a first for EBC.
Indeed, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this or that anyone’s pointed it out to me yet. I’m guessing the room has special programming to say “There’s no response.” when trying to talk to any non-talking sprite in that room and that the programmers forgot that it would say the same thing if you tried checking the open gift box.
I like learning about tiny little things like this, so if you ever come across any other little bugs or glitches, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Happy Happy Bug Bug
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...