Postcards for EarthBound
Good day, reader. I was playing Earthbound on my emulator, and I stumbled upon a little bug in Mr. Carpainter’s place.
I accidentally pressed “Talk to” on a gift before I fought Mr. Carpainter, and the message box said, “There’s no response,” as if you were talking to one of the Happyists in the worship.
Right after I fought Carpainter, I tried to talk to the box again, and this time, it said, “Who are you talking to?”
I don’t think anyone else has submitted this yet, so I really hope this is a first for EBC.
Indeed, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this or that anyone’s pointed it out to me yet. I’m guessing the room has special programming to say “There’s no response.” when trying to talk to any non-talking sprite in that room and that the programmers forgot that it would say the same thing if you tried checking the open gift box.
I like learning about tiny little things like this, so if you ever come across any other little bugs or glitches, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Happy Happy Bug Bug
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.