EarthBound Zero Improvement Hacks
Good day, reader. I was playing Earthbound on my emulator, and I stumbled upon a little bug in Mr. Carpainter’s place.
I accidentally pressed “Talk to” on a gift before I fought Mr. Carpainter, and the message box said, “There’s no response,” as if you were talking to one of the Happyists in the worship.
Right after I fought Carpainter, I tried to talk to the box again, and this time, it said, “Who are you talking to?”
I don’t think anyone else has submitted this yet, so I really hope this is a first for EBC.
Indeed, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this or that anyone’s pointed it out to me yet. I’m guessing the room has special programming to say “There’s no response.” when trying to talk to any non-talking sprite in that room and that the programmers forgot that it would say the same thing if you tried checking the open gift box.
I like learning about tiny little things like this, so if you ever come across any other little bugs or glitches, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Happy Happy Bug Bug
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?