A MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2 Joining Discovery
Juanito sent me a couple videos taken back in 2001. I had forgotten about these, they’re pretty cool.
First, here’s the opening video being shown to the public for the first time. You can hear people getting especially excited about Ness:
Next is this other video that has a drastically different version of Bein’ Friends during the Onett stage:
I gotta say, I think I like this old version better – the final version of the song sounded too upbeat and happy for an intense fighting game. But I can understand why they might’ve wanted to change it and maintain the upbeat spirit of the Mother series.
Are there any other really early videos of EarthBound-y stuff that ended up different from the final version of the game? If so, let me know!
Also, holy crap I just realized this game came out about ten years around this very time. I remember importing a Gamecube and SSBM so I could report about it on Starmen.Net a short while ahead of time, even though it was only a week or two earlier.
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Early EarthBound Stuff in Smash Bros. Melee
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...