Ness is Ozzie Boy?
Juanito sent me a couple videos taken back in 2001. I had forgotten about these, they’re pretty cool.
First, here’s the opening video being shown to the public for the first time. You can hear people getting especially excited about Ness:
Next is this other video that has a drastically different version of Bein’ Friends during the Onett stage:
I gotta say, I think I like this old version better – the final version of the song sounded too upbeat and happy for an intense fighting game. But I can understand why they might’ve wanted to change it and maintain the upbeat spirit of the Mother series.
Are there any other really early videos of EarthBound-y stuff that ended up different from the final version of the game? If so, let me know!
Also, holy crap I just realized this game came out about ten years around this very time. I remember importing a Gamecube and SSBM so I could report about it on Starmen.Net a short while ahead of time, even though it was only a week or two earlier.
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Early EarthBound Stuff in Smash Bros. Melee
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues