MOTHER Remake Hack Ending Song Preview
Juanito sent me a couple videos taken back in 2001. I had forgotten about these, they’re pretty cool.
First, here’s the opening video being shown to the public for the first time. You can hear people getting especially excited about Ness:
Next is this other video that has a drastically different version of Bein’ Friends during the Onett stage:
I gotta say, I think I like this old version better – the final version of the song sounded too upbeat and happy for an intense fighting game. But I can understand why they might’ve wanted to change it and maintain the upbeat spirit of the Mother series.
Are there any other really early videos of EarthBound-y stuff that ended up different from the final version of the game? If so, let me know!
Also, holy crap I just realized this game came out about ten years around this very time. I remember importing a Gamecube and SSBM so I could report about it on Starmen.Net a short while ahead of time, even though it was only a week or two earlier.
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Early EarthBound Stuff in Smash Bros. Melee
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...