M1+2 Translation Update (Mar. 12)
Many MOTHER/EarthBound fans already know that the official MOTHER 1 soundtrack CD is really cool and not just tunes straight from the game – most of it is music from the game rearranged to sound like pop music of some sort. A couple of these were sung by a girl named Catherine Warwick:
If you don’t have a copy of the MOTHER 1 CD, here’s Pollyanna, one of the handful of songs she did:
Anyway, every so often the question pops up, “Did she go on to do anything else? Where is she now?” So a good while back ShadowX did some digging around and found she had done another record at around the same time called Marine Boy, which has two songs on it – Marine Boy and Taxi Driver.
You can give the songs a listen here:
Other than that it was like she had vanished, but then a few days ago MrNameless posted on the Starmen.Net forums that she had apparently done some albums in the mid-90s, this time going by the name “Cathy Warwick”:
Anyway, turns out CW was half of a duo called “Those 2 Girls”, who had an excruciating hit called All I Want, which reached #36 on the UK charts in 1995. Her partner was Denise Van Outen, who it transpires is actually rather famous now (she’s the narrator for The Only Way Is Essex – the UK’s Jersey Shore, I guess).
That’s pretty cool, I’m glad her career continued on. Dunno where she’s at now or if she knows she has a small fanbase resulting from a niche game fanbase, but I do know many EarthBound/MOTHER fans still appreciate work she did way back when.
Anyway, that’s pretty much all I know – but now whenever the topic comes up I can just link to this page 😉
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Catherine Warwick & MOTHER
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...