November 9th, 2011 | EarthBound, Merchandise

Michael sent this in the other day:

By accident, I clicked on an EB ad that took me to amazon. I saw that there was a new copy of Earthbound for sale and is currently going for $1000.

The description is correct that the game was never shrink-wrapped or sealed when it was sold. New copies of EarthBound have sold for that much in the past, so it’s not TOO surprising that it has such a high price tag here. If you’re interested though, be sure you do your homework first, that’s a lotta money 😯

13 Comments to Brand New EarthBound on Amazon

Satsy said on Nov. 9, 2011

You’ve gotta love when they make it clear they’re appealing to collectors, and not gamers. Shame, really, since I’m pretty sure plenty of people wouldn’t mind actually owning the game at a decent price.

Bread said on Nov. 9, 2011

1000$?

Jason said on Nov. 9, 2011

If I had a time machine I would go back and buy hundreds of Earthbounds. And they’re selling for $1000 now, but what will a new one sell for 10 years from now!?

I’d be rich! 🙂

I think nowadays unless you’re hardcore or are lucky and still have the game/SNES from the 90s, you’re stuck playing it on an emulator.

Sadsa said on Nov. 9, 2011

by doing that you will deprived people that could have made certain things online from happening like starman.net / etc

LucasPSI said on Nov. 9, 2011

$1000?… Im sure not even the most devoted fan would pay that much for an earthbound cart…

Onett resident said on Nov. 9, 2011

I saw a cart for $2000… i’d still buy it if i had the money.

BOX said on Nov. 9, 2011

I really can’t see the appeal here, as an “ex-video game collector” anyway.

What’s the point of having a game if you’re not going to play it? And if you do play it, you just paid $1000 for a “now used” copy of Earthbound plus supporting materials.

Poe said on Nov. 9, 2011

If I take my used copy of EarthBound to Japan, get Itoi to breathe on it (and take pictures for proof), and then put it up for sale for $1500, would anybody buy it? 😉

RadicOmega said on Nov. 9, 2011

What makes a repro different and or better than a original. It’s the same game but newer. Does it function any better?

Zoom! said on Nov. 9, 2011

$1000?! It’s more likely than you think.

Christie said on Nov. 9, 2011

@Poe: Psh, I’d pay $10,000 for that! Well… no, not really.

Nobody5000 said on Nov. 10, 2011

@Chritie if you want a earthbound so bad why don’t you just buy a original.
They are cheaper and arn’t different. I don’t see what the big deal is for repro’s

Bread said on Nov. 10, 2011

If your buying it are you going to open it?
Cause if you are, that would be a waste of money.
I would buy it, keep it for 50 years then sell it!

Find Merchandise!