Keiichi Suzuki’s “Silicon Boy” Song
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
- FireflyMelody: Hm, I never thought of that. Then again, I was a little busy in this fight trying not to think too hard about it, so.
- Joe: I’ve actually always thought it was supposed to resemble MOTHER 1’s Gigue. I feel special
- FireflyMelody: I can’t wait to play on Magicant! ^.^
- Chivi-chivik: I realized that months ago XD But it would be great if it was proven that this was also intended
- Hyper Emerson: A skull surrounded by a fetus mosaic that is also the villain’s earlier appearance turned upside down. Wow.