Japanese Band Plays Twoson
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
- Anonymous: I don’t think Pitchfork’s writting was obnoxious in any way. It’s just his opinion, anyway.
- Mato: MightyYT: I always love your work, so again, amazing job on this! Off the top of my head, I don’t know the significance of everything...
- Dragonwarriorquestsagain: This was written very well. I just don’t agree w/ some of the obvious conjecture regarding porky and the ending....
- wow: That’s why I love our fandom.
- DavemanDeluxe: That article (and the two preceding it) might be the very best writing in video game commentary I’ve ever read. It’s...