EarthBound Hack: The Rat Race
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
- Queue: I have no problem with Yahtzee. It’s just one guy’s opinion and he presents it in a quick and generally funny way. I don’t...
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: Oh cool another game reviewer who will reinforce my views on EarthBound. Enjoying a game by myself is not enough. I...
- MOTHER Fanatic: Happy 25th Birthday to a game meant for a generation of gamers who appreciated having to work to be strong enough to progress in...
- Chivi-chivik: That guy is just a manchild that must grow up ASAP. (Not saying this because of the review, but because of him. I dislike him so much)
- Helio: I never understood this show. Why is bashing on a game without any particular reason is entertaining to some people?