Itoi’s New MOTHER Page Translated
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
- Paul McCartney: MOTHER 1,MOTHER 2 had censorship outside Japan and now MOTHER 3(had different width of stage details and unused game contents) will...
- Gamerz31w: Niche cliché
- KingMike: I thought the unintended theme was: release EarthBound in Argentina.
- Dr.Saturn: If it were ported I would totally play it
- NessinEagleland: Is the Earthbound series REALLY that niche anymore? Just VC games are dominated nintendos digital sales charts