Weekly Round-Up #55
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
- Raiden: And what a stupid issue to have!lol
- kicker: @SpitefulCrow Point 1 is moot since the GBA version of the first game sounds fine regardless. The second game is what mostly has issues....
- gustr15: I LOVE BED
- SpitefulCrow: Step 1. Download the GBA version! Music sounds awful, hissy, and poorly emulated? Who cares, this is the unimportant MOTHER game!...
- N7Kopper: One other major barrier to relocalising EarthBound is – not only are the control codes a scripting language in and of themselves,...