Memories of Twoson
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
Leave a reply
- Chivi-chivik: This is completely understanable. Heck, they can’t please every fan out there. That’s IMPOSSIBLE to do. If authors...
- Anon: @Bionic: I agree with your sentiment, but Reggie never got demoted. Iwata took the CEO (Chief Exectuive Officer) position at NoA, which is...
- ebisubaru: lol zack. you a funny guy.
- The Apple Kid: I’m not a surprised, but I’d be lying if I said, “I don’t think there is a petition in the world that has...
- Zack: The petitions…are absorbed…by the darkness.