Weekly Round-Up #23
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
- Jorge Lobos: Whoa! I’m also from Chile, and I know many people (including me) played “Earthbound” and/or “Mother...
- Pk Derp: We had gotten to Scaraba last I checked. It’s kinda cool, it’s only like the same 5 people playing it everyday (I’m one...
- Saturn Jr.: I got a laugh out of the lyrics x)
- ejruss25: Haha. And make the Devil’s Machine a Wither trapped in a glass Netherrack brain thing. Or something.
- What: 16th and dis b awesome.