Real-Life Pain-Inducing Songs
It sounds like Chewy’s on a Japanese magazine article translation binge, so here’s another big Shigesato Itoi interview, this time from the November 1996 issue of 64Dream.
The article discusses (among other things):
- Itoi’s aversion to assigning “themes” to video games
- Itoi’s original intent to make MOTHER 3 in 2-D
- The extent of completion of MOTHER 3 even by the fall of 1996
- Itoi’s inspiration for the story of MOTHER 3 and desire to make a detective novel in game form
- A Mr. Saturn spinoff game!?
- Itoi’s phone calls to his game designer about MOTHER 3 in the middle of the night–before MOTHER 2 was even done
- The origin of the name of the Nintendo 64
- Itoi’s personal relationship with Nintendo
You can check out Chewy’s article translation on her site here. Now give her all your Giygas cookies!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to 64Dream Shigesato Itoi Interview
- Power Pump XL And Testo XL: Hi there, this weekend is nice for me, as this point in time i am reading this wonderful educational paragraph here at...
- Ana: I know you will erase this comment..but could you add”Auto Fight”?
- Chivi-chivik: @Anon Why do European players have to suffer this much? ;A; They always forget about us…
- Chivi-chivik: I just can’t wait to play this remake ;_;
- Son of Gidnats: I really like this. My thoughts: -Are Earthbound’s resources being used? You know, so you don’t invent the wheel twice,...