October 25th, 2011 | EarthBound 64, MOTHER 3, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

I know KeijiDragon’s been working on a project called “Shat-Canned Legends: MOTHER 3 / EarthBound 64” for a long while now, but I could’ve sworn I updated about it before. I guess not, so my many apologies both to Keiji and to all the fans, since this is some quality stuff!

Update: KeijiDragon has taken the video down, you can read why in the comments here.

(click to view video)

Basically, KeijiDragon’s been researching and documenting stuff about EarthBound 64 and MOTHER 3 (GBA)’s release and turning it into video form. For some reason embedding is off, so check it out here!

Really, you should check it out since it features a good amount of stuff no other EarthBound site has dug up before, like interviews with some of the N64 version developers. It also sounds like there’s going to be a second part released someday, maybe that’s why I didn’t update about it yet. Anyway, give it a watch!

19 Comments to Shat-Canned Legends: MOTHER 3

Vongore said on Oct. 25, 2011

I swear it was featured somewhere, i’d dare say even here, since i remember watching a couple months ago D:

Zoom! said on Oct. 25, 2011

Yay! It’s here on EBCentral! Thank you Mato 🙂 I really like the music that plays in this video and how they connect the GBA DCMC Theme to the N64 Trailer Theme

The Great Morgil said on Oct. 25, 2011

Was that really your receipt in that video, Mato?

That was pretty cool. I can’t wait for him to do part 2.

Anonymous said on Oct. 25, 2011

I can’t view this video, says here it’s private…

OKeijiDragon said on Oct. 25, 2011

I appreciate the “coming soon!” publicity, but it would have been nice of you to ask me before you posted this Tomato. =P

This documentary is not completed. In fact, some time after this video was uploaded, I discovered some incorrect facts that needed to be changed, and so far in this project I have long since fixed them. Because of this, I have pulled the video from YouTube. Just business is all. =)

I know it’s been a very, VERY long time since I did anything with this project but that’s only because I have been at college studying for Journalism. Its a very time demanding “job” of which I had to place aside other projects (like PEMNAS, beta videos, this documentary) but I never forgot about SCL.

One main problem that has stalled this project is that my translator, whose job was to translate existing Japanese MOTHER 3 articles from the N64 era, has taken “a sabbatical,” so he’s – has been – out of the picture for a while (unless I shake him up and get him back into the project that is). Anyone wanna pick up the slack?

That’s really the status of the project right now. I do not expect this documentary to take as long as Itoi did to get MOTHER 3 out the door. =)

Thank you all very much for your interest. Because of this “wake-up call” that I got from Twitter about this (I found out about this through GoNintendo’s tweet), I’ll go back to this and do what I can to get this out the door.

If you have any questions about this documentary, feel free to contact me via twitter!

Mato said on Oct. 25, 2011

Well, a couple people had sent me e-mails about it recently so I figured I should see if I had posted about it yet – and I couldn’t find any updates with it, so I made the update. Since it was version 1.1 I thought it was okay to post, ah well, that’ll learn me 😛

Christian said on Oct. 25, 2011

It says video removed by user.

Flint said on Oct. 25, 2011

Shame! I was planning to watch this after I returned from lunchtime, and now its gone…Hope you finish this Okejidragon as I am really interested in.

Mato said on Oct. 25, 2011

Great Morgil: Here’s more about my N64 Mother 3 preorder receipt: http://earthboundcentral.com/2010/04/reserving-a-copy-of-earthbound-64/

Zoom! said on Oct. 25, 2011

The orignal part 1 is still avalible.

Deraj626 said on Oct. 25, 2011

Mato, I swear you posted about it here before.

OKeijiDragon said on Oct. 25, 2011

@Deraj626

He did. It was linked on that Brenden Setcher interview I conducted 10 months ago, which will be featured in my documentary when it comes out. =)

anon said on Oct. 29, 2011

I don’t give a fuck if the guy didn’t finish it.
Does anyone have a mirror of the video i want to see what he uploaded so far.

Zoom! said on Oct. 31, 2011

Yes the original part 1 is still avalible, I’ll link you soon.

OKeijiDragon said on Oct. 31, 2011

^I appreciate the enthusiasm but I wouldn’t advocate that, and the attitude I see in anon suggests a desire of settling for an inferior product (which was what I once considered to be “Part 1”), which was originally released in mid 2010-ish as a rough draft before I realized I had something potentially stellar going.

What I plan for the final version is an ambitious documentary that goes over the subject’s details with class, objectivity, and of course the truth.

Again, thanks for the enthusiasm.

-OKeijiDragon

Crystalwarrior said on Apr. 29, 2012

“The video has been deleted by the user. We’re sorry.”
Seriously, why does that image show up every time I try to view any video?!

OKeijiDragon said on Jul. 21, 2012

@Crystalwarrior said on Apr. 29, 2012 =
Because I took it down?

Also, mini-update. The project length is at 40 minutes now. This will be a long documentary. =O

jinxkatty7 said on Jul. 21, 2012

I’m excited to see it. I never got to see the first one! 🙁 The updated one is sure to be better though. (I can’t really compare)

Fuzzypickles! said on Nov. 27, 2012

So is this still coming? An update on the project would be marvelous 😉