October 10th, 2011 | EarthBound, Images

In EarthBound, the Dusty Dunes Desert has a huge traffic jam because of buffalo on the road:

Looks like this is the cause!

Bad buffalo! Shoo! Shoo!

I’m not sure of the source on this, I just happened upon it on Reddit today. Now to try and find some sesame seeds in a desert.

9 Comments to Real Life Dusty Dunes Desert

GameReaper said on Oct. 10, 2011

XD mind=blown

Poe said on Oct. 10, 2011

Nice, haha.

Leeaux said on Oct. 10, 2011

Thats really neat.

It actually gives me an idea. I wonder if Starmen.net could set up a contest/project to assemble a lot of photos like this one, into an earthbound compilation of sorts.

SamWibatt said on Oct. 10, 2011

Hee hee

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s in Yellowstone National Park. Buffalo get on the road all the time there.

meleemario said on Oct. 10, 2011

Leeaux: That’s actually a great idea! I’d be all for it!

Either way, I saw this come up on my Twitter feed earlier, and when I saw the pic, it cracked me up. This made my day!

RadicOmega said on Oct. 11, 2011

That’s cool, I wounder why nobody pushed the buffalo out of the way?

liarxagerate said on Oct. 11, 2011

this is great—it looks like a photo they’d put in the player’s guide.

Moo said on Oct. 12, 2011

My old boss had this happen once when he was on vacation. It just stood there for 45 minutes. I guess this is a fairly common event?

Otter said on Oct. 14, 2011

This is really something else. I am told by my girlfriend that not only does this happen frequently, but that buffalo can quickly jump surprisingly high.