Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #5

October 20th, 2011 | EarthBound, Images

The other day I updated about a Japanese fellow named picosaru who made some really cool-looking EarthBound-esque game sprites (see here).

Well, picosaru has a new little project going – a tribute to Nintendo characters by making them into EarthBound-ish sprites and using them to create a cast of characters roll like you see at the end of EarthBound and MOTHER 3. Check it out here!

I’m not sure if this is an ongoing project or if it’s already complete, but whatever the case I really like the attention to detail and the fan love it has 😀

19 Comments to Picosaru’s Nintendo Cast Roll

Poe said on Oct. 20, 2011

That’s really cute! The background music was a nice touch 🙂

man said on Oct. 20, 2011

Utter genius. A real treat just to start the music, middle click and leave the page slowly scrolling down.

Sadly though, the music went on too long. By the time the page got to the bottom the music was already halfway through… I estimate it needs twice as many sprites 🙂

I’ll keep an eye on it in case it’s updated.

DJ 2Sang said on Oct. 20, 2011

All of my want

Sadsa said on Oct. 20, 2011

why mother 4 on top though?

perplexingArticulator said on Oct. 20, 2011

…Wow. I never considered it before, but this kinda convinces me that the Pokémon main-series games would look /fantastic/ in a more EarthBoundish style!

Mato said on Oct. 20, 2011

Sadsa: That’s the project name picosaru gave it for whatever reason.

Incidentally, it sounds like picosaru is indeed going to update it from time to time.

PICOSARU said on Oct. 20, 2011

Hi, Thanks for your introduction. This website is still in the fledgling early stages. But the state can be updated more than 600 characters at this stage. If so please look forward to more new characters will be drawn!

Anonymous said on Oct. 20, 2011

This guy has a huge bunch of EarthBound-style Nintendo sprites, doesn’t he?

It’s crazy in the best way. He has characters from games far more obscure than Earthbound, like Soma Bringer (great Diablo/PSO type multiplayer RPG, shame on NoA for not translating it), and Joy Mech Fight, not just the ones everyone knows.

OctobotFire said on Oct. 20, 2011

@picosaru could you teach me how to do that?

RadicOmega said on Oct. 20, 2011

Hmm Perhaps his guy can help withe the EB Zero remake.

Robert said on Oct. 20, 2011

>:U I like how he gets Toad but toally forgets Luigi!

Floisonkeya said on Oct. 21, 2011

This is some talent! Thanks to Picosaru for creating the sprites, and thanks so much for making Kat and Ana!

Be looking forward to updates

M1997 said on Oct. 21, 2011

Awesome! It looks like what Brawl’s ending should’ve been! XD

LakituAl said on Oct. 21, 2011

I liked the Like Like!

SomeUser said on Oct. 21, 2011

This is amazing.

PICOSARU said on Oct. 22, 2011

@OctobotFire When you add a character has to teach us on Twitter. @ pksarusa
But since I do not speak English Japanese. Is there any good way?

PICOSARU said on Oct. 23, 2011

MOTHER 4 Cast Roll http://www.facebook.com/pages/MOTHER-4-Cast-Roll/190553034355326 I created a blog within Facebook pages upon request. If there are updates will be posted here.

Anonymous said on Oct. 24, 2011

Wow, Zangeki no Reginleiv!

gg said on Feb. 21, 2012