October 17th, 2011 | EarthBound, Images

A little while ago a pixiv member by the name of pikosaru posted a whole bunch of video game characters drawn with the EarthBound sprite style. Here’s just a small taste:

There’s also stuff like this:

If you like EarthBound and if you like other games, you owe it to yourself to check them all out here!

39 Comments to EarthBound-Style Sprite Bonanza

Michael said on Oct. 17, 2011

Awesome! Particularly like the Street Fighter set.

Anonymous said on Oct. 17, 2011

Haha, gotta love stuff like this. Playing around with the EB sprites is fun.

(question: Is this in light of the soon-to-be-reopened fluke section on the ol’ SM net?)

Mato said on Oct. 17, 2011

No, has nothing to do with the flukes section, in fact I totally forgot they were reviving it.

Satsy said on Oct. 17, 2011

Ah, fair enough. 😉 Just thought it was nicely timed.

(I forget my laptop hasn’t saved all my form information).

That all aside, this person’s pretty talented. Was rather amused at the Snoopy Captain Falcon.

RadicOmega said on Oct. 17, 2011

How come when my mouse is on Charlie Brown Ness it says “Good Giygas,”

Karadom said on Oct. 17, 2011

Oh man, no way I’m clicking on that. I hate EarthBound and other video games.

RadicOmega said on Oct. 17, 2011

@Karadom, then why the hell are you on this site?

RadicOmega said on Oct. 17, 2011

@Karadom and keep some stuff to yourself.

TalonKhan said on Oct. 17, 2011

Nice perhaps with these we can make a EB chrono trigger hack that Isn’t a rick roll! :D…nah we’d totally still rick roll people >w>

Loidrage said on Oct. 17, 2011

What an odd coincedence, I’ve actually been playing Chrono Trigger lately. That game is awesome.

LakituAl said on Oct. 17, 2011

Since Halloween is near, I feel obliged to say this:

-I got Rock Candy!
-I got a PSI Caramel!
-I got a Sound Stone…

thenacho said on Oct. 17, 2011

@RadicOmega he was joking, calm down.

RadicOmega said on Oct. 17, 2011

Oh, sorry Karadom.

RadicOmega said on Oct. 17, 2011

It just annoys me how much people talk crap about the MOTHER series. Espically FF fans for some reason. I’ve visited a FF fan blog once and I don’t see 9000 EarthBound fans telling them to eff out FF. I remember Once I was telling some random guy about the MOther 3 fan translation, and some guy named “FF RUlEZ 50007” say “Why the hell do you care EB sucks FF is way better,” I know Mato said not to care but they cross the line all of the time. Sorry I flipped off :(. That was the nicest I’ve heard from those FF fans. I always lose it when they come to these sites and bombard us with insults.

ness64 said on Oct. 17, 2011

The Ness sprite looks like Charlie Brown cosplaying…

Otter said on Oct. 17, 2011

Nice! These sprites are the kind of thing I love to find on the internet. It keeps me entertained while I am sick. : )
To quickly side with RadicOmega, I mean that kind of “joking” just appears to be trolling. As we all know, trolling is not constructive and is generally frowned upon. What I mean is, you can’t really blame the guy for feeling the need to reply in the way RadicOmega did.

Nobody5000 said on Oct. 18, 2011

@Otter, they constantly do it though. I know I flipped off but when they come into OUR territory is when they get out of hand. And i your words trolling and joking is different. When they tell us to f*** off on our own fan sight is plane out domb.

Nobody5000 said on Oct. 18, 2011

And that was probably the nicest thing anyone ever said to us EB fans. Gamers always talk trash about M&EB and it seems I’m the only one who notices

PICOSARU said on Oct. 18, 2011

Hi, I’m Pikosaru. Thank you for introducing me to painting. The future we plan to add lots of pictures on my website. Please support it in the future. Thank you.

HP: http://pksarusa.blog.fc2.com/

Otter said on Oct. 18, 2011

Nobody5000, I am actually in complete agreement with you.:) Maybe I came off wrong.

Nobody5000 said on Oct. 19, 2011

@Otter oh, I just read through it you are. For a second I thought you were saying I was flipping off

Anonymous said on Oct. 19, 2011

Very cool. I love everything on that site. An amazing place to find fresh quality Mother fan art.

Master Chicken said on Oct. 20, 2011

That Charlie Brown one is priceless.

Anonymous said on Oct. 22, 2011

You guys realise you can be a fan of both Final Fantasy and Mother, right?

Gooptek said on Oct. 27, 2011

Uh, cool! Somebody may do some Bleach sprites, ’cause I think that, maybe, some Bleach characters can be made with existing sprites. I could do it, but…
1)I don’t have much time on my possession;
2)I don’t know how to edit sprites;
3)I don’t have very good editing skills.
But, hey, I loved the post!

Gooptek said on Oct. 27, 2011

@Anonymus: I was thinking about that when reading RadicOmega’s comments. I don’t like Final Fantasy, tougth. (Man, writing the words thougth, tough and though… I have no idea how to write them. But at least English isn’t my native language, so it’s OK).

Nobody5000 said on Oct. 28, 2011

@Anonymous look at what I said above. I suppose you like these FF fans talking crap about MOTHER! I once visited a FF blog and I mentioned I liked EarthBound and I got chard out by three other people. I have the original FFgame I Kilroy bit it can’t replace mother. That’s why I remain loyal to MOTHER. And when people are on our site saying EarthBound sucks, I’m going to treat them as I was treated on FF blog. I treated them the way I wanted to be treated and they still annoyed me to death.

SomeRandomGuyNamedNick said on Oct. 28, 2011

Can someone say “CharlieBound”?

Zoom! said on Oct. 28, 2011

“CharlieBound”

Dosei-san said on Oct. 29, 2011

more like “CharlieBrowned”

RadicOmega said on Oct. 29, 2011

Hold your mouse on CharlieBrowned and it says good Giygas

RadicOmega said on Oct. 29, 2011

@Dosei-san isn’t Dosei-san Japenese for Mr.Saturn? I think so but I’m still learning Japenese.

Gooptek said on Oct. 29, 2011

@RadicOmega: I’m not Dosei-san, but, yes! Dosei-san is the japanese for Mr. Saturn! You can search “Mr. Saturn” on Wikibound.

SomeRandomGuyNamedNick said on Oct. 29, 2011

@Dosei-san:Oh crap, CharlieBrowned IS better. I’m such a n00b when it comes to thinking.

TheMr.SaturnGuy said on Nov. 4, 2011

Those Zelda sprites are AMAZING!!!

Zoom! said on Nov. 7, 2011

@PICOSARU I really like your work! 🙂

PICOSARU said on Nov. 15, 2011

@Zoom! Thank you good work!

AltoMaximus said on Jan. 8, 2012

What’s the big deal with Final Fantasy fans?
I like that game series, I don’t see anything wrong with them, in fact there may be a ton of them on this site.

Anyways back on topic: Would anyone be willing to make a hack of these games in EarthBound style?
And good job PICOSARU, I enjoy your work, keep it up!

Eric Ledger said on Jan. 12, 2013

I just recently created and uploaded a spritesheet of my own, featuring the Lucky Star girls as they’d appear in EB. Here’s the dA link if anyone’s interested:

Find Merchandise!