October 19th, 2011 | EarthBound, Fan Games, Videos

I’m sure most folks reading this already know about the game “I Wanna Be The Guy”, which is the game most likely to cause premature baldness. I didn’t know there was something called “I Wanna Be The Tribute” though, and apparently there’s a bunch of EarthBound stuff in one part:

I like how the EarthBound stuff was incorporated here, very cool. Although I don’t think I’d have the patience to get that far in the game myself, based on what I’ve seen of the earlier parts of the game 😯 I guess crazy hard games just aren’t my thing… even though I went and bought Demon’s Souls only a few days ago, heh.

10 Comments to EarthBound in I Wanna Be The Tribute

randompencil said on Oct. 19, 2011

Thats awesome!

The Great Morgil said on Oct. 19, 2011

I could never have the gall to try one of those super-hard games like that. Nice remix of Giygas’s theme, though.

JamesBond007 said on Oct. 19, 2011

Giygas uses Agahnim’s attacks?

RadicOmega said on Oct. 19, 2011

@JamesBond007, The Great Morgil and any other people that have a photo on their name. How did you get that Photo of whatever right next to your name. mine is a question mark.

JamesBond007 said on Oct. 19, 2011

@RadicOmega, the answer for your question is present on EarthBound Central’s FAQs:

Q: How can I get an avatar next to my name? How can I change the avatar I have?
A: At the moment, the site is set up so that you’re given a random avatar when you register an account. If you make a comment on the site but don’t have an account, you’ll get the generic Magicant question mark avatar.

There is currently no way to change what avatar you have. Sometimes I’ll offer custom avatars for a short period of time, and that’s currently the only way to get a different avatar of your choosing. I’ll probably make some sort of avatar-selector at some point, but it’s not a priority.

ZombiePaul said on Oct. 20, 2011

@RadicOmega, I believe the only way you could get a custom pic of your profile was to be one of the original posters one the site way back when Mato was testing it out.

M1997 said on Oct. 20, 2011

Wanna know something really wierd?

Last night was when I first LEARNED about I Wanna Be The Guy! 😀

Shobu said on Oct. 21, 2011

I beat the original IWTBG and boy was it hard. There was also I Wanna Be the Fangame, but I got stuck on that. This one looks interesting though…

Anonymous said on Oct. 24, 2011

I want that Pokey Means Business remix

GiegueFanboy said on Feb. 7, 2012

NOOOO!!! I’ll never forgive The Kid for what he did to Giegue!