MOTHER 3 Cockney Mice
Last year, an EarthBound hacker by the name of H.S. released a high-quality Halloween-themed EarthBound hack called Hallow’s End. You might know H.S. from some of the recent work on the EarthBound Zero remake revival hack, so you know it’s some quality stuff!
Besides the usual stuff like enemies and items, this hack features completely new text, scenarios, characters, and even new maps and new music! Hacking maps and music is really crazy stuff, so this is a real treat 😀
As you can see, the hack even has a sort of Costume Quest vibe to it at parts, even though I think the hack actually predates Costume Quest.
Here are some videos of the intro and the first boss:
Even though I’ve only played a tiny bit myself, I highly recommend giving this hack a whirl! You can get all the stuff here:
- Hallows End IPS patch, version 1.02 – this has the IPS patch, instructions, and more
- Easy EarthBound Patcher – use this to use the patch on your EarthBound ROM
- Map Pack – if you get lost (some of the maps are big!) you can check these maps out for reference
You can also find more screenshots, videos, and tidbits on the project page here. Also, when you’re done playing the hack, post your thoughts in the comments here! I’d love to hear what people have to say about it 🙂
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to EarthBound Hack: Hallow’s End
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...