MOTHER Figures Unboxed
Last year, an EarthBound hacker by the name of H.S. released a high-quality Halloween-themed EarthBound hack called Hallow’s End. You might know H.S. from some of the recent work on the EarthBound Zero remake revival hack, so you know it’s some quality stuff!
Besides the usual stuff like enemies and items, this hack features completely new text, scenarios, characters, and even new maps and new music! Hacking maps and music is really crazy stuff, so this is a real treat 😀
As you can see, the hack even has a sort of Costume Quest vibe to it at parts, even though I think the hack actually predates Costume Quest.
Here are some videos of the intro and the first boss:
Even though I’ve only played a tiny bit myself, I highly recommend giving this hack a whirl! You can get all the stuff here:
- Hallows End IPS patch, version 1.02 – this has the IPS patch, instructions, and more
- Easy EarthBound Patcher – use this to use the patch on your EarthBound ROM
- Map Pack – if you get lost (some of the maps are big!) you can check these maps out for reference
You can also find more screenshots, videos, and tidbits on the project page here. Also, when you’re done playing the hack, post your thoughts in the comments here! I’d love to hear what people have to say about it 🙂
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to EarthBound Hack: Hallow’s End
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?