October 29th, 2011 | Fan Games, MOTHER 3

Remember that Chimera Hunt fan game from a while back? It was a really cool-looking mod for Garry’s Mod, I’m sad I never got to try it out myself though.

Well, it sounds like it eventually got dropped, but some other fans on Steam are hoping to pick up the slack and continue working on it! The project page is here if you’re interested!

15 Comments to Chimera Hunt Revival

JAMESGHOST said on Oct. 29, 2011

I really want to play this on gmod!

Zoom! said on Oct. 29, 2011

So glad to hear this news!

Darktimeleader said on Oct. 29, 2011

Sweet…even though I can’t play G-mod because of my Computers specs.
I used to play this ALLLLLL the time, then I never saw the server again….I was mad…

TMMDI said on Oct. 29, 2011

I played the gamemode on the gmod tower server. It was really fun and very true to the original game. It really made me want to play Mother 3 again. xD

Lunise said on Oct. 29, 2011

I’d love to play this on gmod! Maybe someday I’ll indulge and get it onto my laptop so I can play it. A revival of it sounds really exciting. 😀

RandomGuardian said on Oct. 29, 2011

Wait, it was never finished? Awww I was guna buy g-mod soon too.

TMMDI said on Oct. 30, 2011

@RandomGuardian
Buying gmod solely on that gamemode would be kind of foolish. Its a pretty small gamemode and theres far much more to do in the game. I’ve spent 1,780 hours in the game so far and I haven’t even scratched the surface as to what is possible.

LucasPSI said on Oct. 30, 2011

Awesome! I hve always wanted to play it but never got the chance to! Mabey I should try it out. Does anyone know how much it costs?

TMMDI said on Oct. 30, 2011

@LucasPSI
Gmod is a bit weird to buy. It relies on the source engine to run so you have to have a source game to buy it. If you do want to get it and you don’t own any source games I recommend buying this pack they sell on steam for 25 dollars. You get Garry’s Mod and Counter-Strike: Source. CSS is the best game to bundle with Gmod because lots of people use CSS items in the game. CSS is also a really fun game if you play stuff like Surf or Jailbreak on there. I’ve spent 400+ hours in CSS.

TMMDI said on Oct. 30, 2011

Oh and here is a link to the package.

Leeaux said on Oct. 30, 2011

Thank goodness, its always hard to find enough people to play with online.

YinYang said on Oct. 30, 2011

If you’re looking to just get GMod without buying a Source game to go with it, you can just get Team Fortress 2. It’s free to play on Steam, so I would assume that just downloading it counts as owning a Source engine game.

TMMDI said on Oct. 30, 2011

@YinYang
Sadly, the free version of TF2 can’t be used with Gmod. When you buy a source game you get the SDK and that is what Gmod specifically needs. The free version of TF2 does not give you that SDK like the purchased games do.

Saber Lily said on Oct. 31, 2011

Hey, Thank you very much for the feature! One of the group members let me know. I feel honored! Thanks for spreading the word. KidsSerge and myself are going to continue releasing maps and trying to tweak things. Thank you all for any continued support. It makes me happy to see other people don’t want the game mode to die. Also, Happy Halloween everyone! 😀

Otter said on Nov. 17, 2011

This is amazing. I need to purchase Gmod.

Find Merchandise!