MOTHER 3 Prices on the Rise
So by now most big-time EarthBound fans know that Shigesato Itoi, creator of the series, is a renaissance man who does pretty much everything. He’s even well-known here for having been on Iron Chef episodes, but he actually used to be on TV all the time.
Apparently 1995-1996 saw a big “bass-fishing boom” in Japan, and since Itoi was really big into it at the time, he drew a lot of attention, and his fishing exploits were a topic on many Japanese comedy shows.
In particular, here’s a clip from an appearance he made on Gaki no Tsukai (most people here might know it as the “Silent Library” show) where he does a fishing competition with a bunch of comedians. It’s not subtitled in English, but you can check out the video here!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to Shigesato Itoi Fishes for Comedy
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.