September 1st, 2011 | EarthBound, Manga

Some more translated MOTHER 2 manga for you, courtesy of Strawberry Tofu and of course Satsy :D

These ones come from a subsection called “Innocent World”. I’m not sure which book it’s from, though.

As always, if you know Japanese and want to help translate some manga for everyone to enjoy, see Satsy’s manga scan page here!

30 Comments to MOTHER Manga Translation Part 3

Miles of SmashWiki said on Sep. 1, 2011

Poor Jeff always seems to have the worst luck in these.

And I doubt I’ll be able to get Poo’s appearance in “The Photo Man, Again” out of my head, unfortunately.

man said on Sep. 1, 2011

“Super Blood pressure Cuff”

Huehuehue

Strawberry Tofu said on Sep. 1, 2011

It’s from the same Shonen Oh mag that EBrent was working on.

And yeah, this guy really doesn’t like Jeff.

Zuppermati97 said on Sep. 1, 2011

the part 2 is the best ù.ù

Robert said on Sep. 1, 2011

:C poor Jeff always the butt of the joke

MasterGoomba said on Sep. 1, 2011

Paula sure isn’t innocent

Satsy said on Sep. 1, 2011

What I find amusing is that the guy who did these comics also did a small section in the Ascii Mother 2 4 koma comix, and Jeff’s not so badly beaten on in them. ;) He just really got it in the neck for Innocent World.

EBrent said on Sep. 1, 2011

Great job, Tofu! I was wondering how you were going to handle 「とらわれの姫」. It turned out well, but I still don’t think the joke is very good.

I’ve added these pages to my compilation. I’m working on 「ブンブーンの逆襲」 now. Once I finish that, there will only be two sections left. Pretty soon I can start printing ‘em out and selling ‘em on eBay.

Strawberry Tofu said on Sep. 1, 2011

…Oh, BUTT, so was I. And I’m almost done, too. (wtf is with the first page, though? unless I’m reading it totally wrong, it sounds like Pokey read the script for the first quarter of the game or so before heading up to see the meteor o_O)

We need some kind of official conference room for all this before we all end up with like 3 different translations for everything.

Thanks, though. Yeah, translating “un-jokes” like that one is a pain because you want to make it funny but you don’t want to write your own script but GACK

What do you suppose the legal situation is with selling these translations? Has the original work’s copyright expired, or…?

Mother Fanatic said on Sep. 1, 2011

I love these! I wish there were more translated though…..

EBrent said on Sep. 1, 2011

I haven’t gotten very far with that section, Tofu. Feel free to have it. I’ll do “Super Street Friends” instead. I think we should create a topic on the EBC forum for coordination.

And I wasn’t serious about selling it. Haha. I don’t know if you’d get in any real trouble, but I certainly won’t be trying it.

BigDream said on Sep. 1, 2011

These are funny. Some of them I dont get but funny!
And Paula looks very cute in the part 2 and part 3 translation of this manga.

Rock said on Sep. 1, 2011

“THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I AM DRAWING THIS”

I’m glad. I’m very, very glad.

Anonymous said on Sep. 1, 2011

One little nitpick:
The copyrights on “Smile, please” say Sigesato, rather than Shigesato.

EBrent said on Sep. 1, 2011

Actually, the copyright information was already in the Latin alphabet. No translation required.

And “Sigesato” is a just another, less common way to transliterate his name. I don’t blame you for thinking it looks wrong, though. I thought about changing it when I did the other batch of comics.

Strawberry Tofu said on Sep. 1, 2011

@ EBrent: Thanks. And IDK, sarcasm is hard to detect in writing and I have met MANY people on the internet who have all sorts of… interesting ideas about how copyright works. Should have figured you were smarter than that.

@Rock: You have no idea how WEIRD it felt for me to type all that in English. I felt like a prepubescent fanfiction author ;_;

Rock said on Sep. 1, 2011

@Strawberry Tofu: I think you did a great job with that. It made me laugh because it’s obvious that the autor doesn’t wants to draw what Paula is thinking, so it makes me wonder what she’s really thinking!

Youkai said on Sep. 2, 2011

What’s with the sexy Paula? Isn’t she 13?

Anonymous said on Sep. 2, 2011

LOL@Jigglypuff Pokemon Anime ref.

DJ 2Sang said on Sep. 2, 2011

@ Youkai yep lol
in japan the age of consent is 13 though

RandomGuardian said on Sep. 2, 2011

I like how I only laughed the second comic because my iPod touch only shows 3 panels at once XD

The Great Morgil said on Sep. 2, 2011

Wow, i really like the art on these ones, especially with Paula. And the spread on top of the first page is just… Wow (Don’t judge me! It’s not like they’re real)

I also like some of the more adult jokes, like in the “Adult Drink” one, or what Jeff does in the Mushroom one. I also think it’s funny how Jeff keeps getting beaten up, and the cultural jokes with Poo are funny, too.

Over all, i’d say this is my favorite batch so far.

LakituAl said on Sep. 2, 2011

Well well, now I know Jeff sating “Sweetie” will be stuck in my head from now on. Also, I’ll never ask for a smile again.

Durp676 said on Sep. 2, 2011

‘I came when I heard you guys calling for me’ lmao.

Strawberry Tofu said on Sep. 3, 2011

BUZZ BUZZ’S REVENGE IS DONE: http://www.mediafire.com/?xuamdrad

THERE’S AN EBC FORUMS TOPIC NOW: http://earthboundcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=589

I’VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS

LucasPSI said on Sep. 4, 2011

Please do mother 3 next time. D:

Satsy said on Sep. 4, 2011

LucasPSI: I don’t currently have a lot in the way of Mother 3 manga, and what I do have is currently already scanned. But there is a lot more manga for Mother 1 and Mother 2 and, frankly, its more interesting and less about brothers in near (or sometimes flat-out) fluffy lovey-dovey relationships.

And the translators can’t translate what isn’t there to be translated. ;)

I do intend to pick up some Mother 3 mangas, and there should be a little more in two of the volumes coming my way. But its not a priority at this time.

Satsy said on Sep. 4, 2011

@Strawberry Tofu:
“MOTHER2 4Koma Manga Theater Volume 1
Not 100% translated, not even 100% scanned!”

It will be later today. :P I was splitting that last night.

Also your Buzz Buzz’s Revenge link doesn’t send me to a download page. I think Mediafire doesn’t like me. :S

Zoom! said on Sep. 4, 2011

I’m not into manga, but this is really nice!

Strawberry Tofu said on Sep. 4, 2011

@SS

Yay! …And boo, it seems the link got cut off. Here’s one that works.