Random Post:

Help: Video Stuff

September 8th, 2011 | Manga, MOTHER 1

kenisu, the big-time fan of the original MOTHER game, has done it again! This time he’s translated the MOTHER 1 manga called “Believe”. I believe (heh) that it’s a doujinshi, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyway, since it’s the whole thing and many pages of large file size, you can download it from MegaUpload here. Definitely check it out if you’re a fan of the first game or if you’re still slowly getting into it.

27 Comments to MOTHER Manga: Believe

Poe said on Sep. 8, 2011

Is it a retelling of the game or are there some original stories in there?

Miles of SmashWiki said on Sep. 8, 2011

I found this to be pretty impressive. I really liked how Loid’s big moment of heroism against the R7038 was given a full, proper backstory. It gives him noticeably more character development than the game was able to.

Also, Pippi is lovably mischievous.

Halloween said on Sep. 8, 2011

Thanks for the translation!

Why is everyone calling Loid a cradle robber? Is there a reason, or is that some kind of joke?

Satsy said on Sep. 8, 2011

Halloween: The original word was ‘lolicon’.

Poe: Its only a mini-story regarding what happened to Loid when he wasn’t with the group. I dunno which it’d class under since its technically something that didn’t happen in the game but based on the game. *shrug*

Poe said on Sep. 8, 2011

An original side story! Yep, I like those. Thanks :)

When I say “retelling of the game”, what I basically mean is the exact events of the game drawn in manga form. Sort of what the majority of the comics on Starmen.net are like (used to be like?). Retellings are kind of boring to me since I’ve already played all the games.

DJMankiewicz said on Sep. 8, 2011

What the heck is a lolicon?

It looks like it could be interesting. I may check it out, though I’ve never been too into comic books myself.

JamesBond007 said on Sep. 8, 2011

The girl on the cover (Ana) reminds me of Maria Renard from Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

kenisu said on Sep. 8, 2011

DJMankiewicz:

A lolicon is someone with a Lolita Complex (Loli-Co[n/m]), that is, a pedophile. Hence the whole “cradle robber” business.

BigDream said on Sep. 8, 2011

This actually looks very nice! Just like the Kingdom Hearts manga!
LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said on Sep. 8, 2011

I immediatly downloaded this. :)

Jungyin said on Sep. 9, 2011

Satsy, I can’t seem to download Bokenohajimeyou volume 2. Every time I try it says it’s “temporarily” unavailable.

Irama said on Sep. 9, 2011

I’m pratically sure this is a doujinshi… But it’s a nice doujinshi!

Satsy said on Sep. 9, 2011

Jungyin: Oop, doing the same for me. Here’s a new link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PT15WPNU

I’m wondering if all the older links are doing that now already. Might have to chase some options again soon…

Jungyin said on Sep. 9, 2011

Huh, it’s doing it again. I’m guessing someone doesn’t want you sharing it.

Satsy said on Sep. 9, 2011

It does seem to be the only one that refuses to work. That’s a bit bizarre! Definitely need to look into an FTP server of some kind. Could mean displaying the individual pages online too if I can do it that way.

In the meantime I’ll put the manga on a different fileshare site and see if it comes down again. Hoping it doesn’t! *fingers crossed*

Satsy said on Sep. 9, 2011

Let’s see how long this lasts. :|

Anyone know a good FTP client/server/dealie?

LucasTizma said on Sep. 9, 2011

Why don’t you just let me host it? File sharing sites are the worst. I’ll put it on my FTP server and let it live there for all eternity if you want.

The Great Morgil said on Sep. 10, 2011

Pretty good, but i’m not to keen on the names you chose: Ninten>Ken, Ana>Anna, Loyd(e)>Loid. I know Ken was from the novel, but was he called that in the Japanese version of this manga, too? I prefer Ninten, better.

kenisu said on Sep. 10, 2011

That wasn’t me at all. That was the original Japanese-language version that called him Ken, and there’s a specific reason I spelled Anna with two ‘N’s, to stay consistent with some English letters that pop up in the upcoming “Boy Meets Girl”, by the same artist.

As for Loid, yeah, I realized after a long while that I should have gone with Lloyd, but it would have been more work than it was worth to go back and correct all the instances he was named, when you consider the handwritten moments and “sound effect”-style lettering.

Oh, hey, just to clear this up for everyone, yes, it is a doujinshi.

LucasTizma said on Sep. 11, 2011

The Great Morgil: Why would you complain about something like that when a) it’s not canon, and b) someone else did the work for free?

Satsy said on Sep. 12, 2011

LucasTizma: That would be pretty awesome if you could do that. Another option I’ve thought to chase is starmen’s main site though I don’t know who’d maintain it. I mean I’ve sent things to Shad in the past but they’ve not gone anywhere. That’d be a lot of chasing. ;)

The next fun part would be getting them to you. Unless you want to grab them from the site when they upload and stick them up, throw in a link (in the EBC forum topic or on the tumblr) and I’ll pop it onto the site? Since a lot of these are pretty big for e-mail. :P

LucasTizma said on Sep. 12, 2011

@Satsy: Yeah, whatever works better for the EB community. :) I’d be happy to host any of these files on my server. I’m downloading this manga at the moment. I recall at least one more that was translated. I’d be happy to host all of them as they become available.

I’ll post a link once it’s available on my server!

LucasTizma said on Sep. 14, 2011

@Satsy: Okie dokie, here it is:

It’s POSSIBLE that the top-level domain might change from lucastizma.com to something else, but if it does, it’ll be soon, so I can repost another link.

Nyx Sparkle said on Jan. 2, 2012

This is gonna become a meme “Pedaphile Loid is Pedaphile”.

ninten said on Aug. 11, 2012

Where else can I download this Manhattan because Megaupload is gone?

ninten said on Aug. 11, 2012