Shigesato Itoi’s Latest Interview, Fully Translated!
September 11th, 2011 | EarthBound
After a lot of work, the MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound comparison section is finally done. It only took me like twelve years, but it’s done, hurray! I still have to fix various typos and I’m sure I’ll need to make little tweaks here and there, but I don’t plan on there being any more updates.
If you haven’t checked out the section recently, I’ve added new stuff to some of the older pages, so give it a look sometime.
You’d think I’d be sick of this game comparison stuff by now, but I actually had a lot of fun with it, especially during the last few months when I finally hit my stride. So much in fact that I’m going to start taking a look at other games’ localizations in a project I call Legends of Localization.
I even already have a full game comparison up for people to read: Super Mario Bros.!
At first I thought there wouldn’t be much to write since it’s such a short, simple game, but it actually turned out pretty interesting. Give it a read if you’re into old Nintendo games – which I assume you are if you’re here 😛
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound Done
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Player's Guide Super Nintendo SNES Strategy Guide
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?