Japanese MOTHER 2 Food Gallery
You might know Hirokazu Tanaka as one of the two lead musicians for the first two MOTHER games – he also did the music programming for both if I recall. He later went on to do other great things, too.
Anyway, 1UP.com has an interesting article up in which Tanaka talks about EarthBound/MOTHER and its fanbase, with quotes like:
“Mother fans are pretty unique. They don’t really overlap with Zelda or Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest fans. So, they don’t bond too much.”
It’s not often that Western media gets to talk to EarthBound’s creators like this, so I gotta hand it to 1UP for this interview! Apparently, the full, super-long interview with him will be posted at a later date, but for now check out the article here.
Thanks to ShirowWolf for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Hirokazu Tanaka Talks EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.