Mother: Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Released
You might know Hirokazu Tanaka as one of the two lead musicians for the first two MOTHER games – he also did the music programming for both if I recall. He later went on to do other great things, too.
Anyway, 1UP.com has an interesting article up in which Tanaka talks about EarthBound/MOTHER and its fanbase, with quotes like:
“Mother fans are pretty unique. They don’t really overlap with Zelda or Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest fans. So, they don’t bond too much.”
It’s not often that Western media gets to talk to EarthBound’s creators like this, so I gotta hand it to 1UP for this interview! Apparently, the full, super-long interview with him will be posted at a later date, but for now check out the article here.
Thanks to ShirowWolf for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Hirokazu Tanaka Talks EarthBound
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic