MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10

September 24th, 2011 | EarthBound, Merchandise, Videos

The other day we saw a video Chewy made of one of the original Franklin Badges. She’s since made a more in-depth and informational video!

She says she’s not selling hers, though. So that leaves like 199 others out there somewhere. Seek them out and gather them all!

12 Comments to Franklin Badge History & Details

Satsy said on Sep. 24, 2011

I was going to say this before but its very yellow in comparison to the newer badges. 😉 Of course considering age, that’s to be expected.

But still, that’s so cool. But sounds like getting one of those originals is pricey to say the least. I think I’ll stick with my limited run from the Mother 3 deluxe set.

randompencil said on Sep. 24, 2011

Nice video,
looks over priced
I think $1000 is better
i mean 10,000 obviously there were
not any bidders. i mean it’s really cool
and all but people like me can’t afford these
kind of things.. 😀

EarthBounder13 said on Sep. 24, 2011

Instead of buying this i am savin my money up for
the Mother Prototype for the NES!

DJ 2Sang said on Sep. 24, 2011

>that feel when you will never get one

fangamer should make a “remake” version, only downside would be just a little harder to find the real ones.

maybe they could color the edge silver or black or something.

EarthBounder13 said on Sep. 24, 2011

@DJ 2Sang

Didn’t the do that already?
you know the golden keychain well i guess thats not exact :SS

Someone Else said on Sep. 25, 2011

Is the Mother 1 badge visually distinct from the Mother 3 Deluxe Box badge? I own the Deluxe Box and my badge looks pretty similar to the one featured in the video.

Pigmask Private said on Sep. 25, 2011

The MOTHER3 badges are white with a lighter blue lightning bolt.

The MOTHER1 badges originally came with a yellow background, that’s not yellowing due to age.

The MOTHER1 and MOTHER3 badges are the exact same size and dimensions and even use the same pin back.

Pigmask Private said on Sep. 25, 2011

Also I’m REALLY glad she’s not selling it. Things this rare need to stay within the fanbase. If it had gone up on ebay or something there’s a chance some unknown would have bought it and it’d be lost to time.

With that said, Onion never sell your MOTHER2 jacket.

Carl said on Sep. 26, 2011

What’s the song used in the video?

Mato said on Sep. 26, 2011

It’s the Twinkle Elementary song, from the Mother 1+2 CD.

Anonymous said on Sep. 26, 2011

..Or the File Select music in Earthbound/Credits music for the Gameboy Camera

Satsy said on Sep. 27, 2011

Anonymous: But specifically it is the Twinkle Elementary song from the 1+2 CD, as in that is exactly where the song in the video comes from.