Mother : EarthBound Beginnings Figure Strap Collection Gashapon Complete Set (6)

September 27th, 2011 | EarthBound

Jeff Benson of EB Saga fame sent this in recently:

A friend recently sent me this article about a test that was done, where brain visions were reconstructed into digital video — interesting stuff! Anyway, I happen to notice EarthBound was highlighted in one of the videos they used. How odd!

The full article and video can be found here. It sounds interesting, but I can’t help but think it’s Gizmodo hype as usual 😛

9 Comments to EarthBound in the Brain

Zoom! said on Sep. 27, 2011

Weird.

TalonKhan said on Sep. 27, 2011

Earthbound:IT’S IN YOUR BRAIN FOREVER!

Anonymous said on Sep. 27, 2011

I saw Megaman X in there too!!

TBird said on Sep. 27, 2011

What’s with the dot in each mental image? The blind spot I assume?

DD said on Sep. 27, 2011

That’s weird. I bet one day this research will lead to mind reading/lie tests in the justice department.

Anonymous said on Sep. 27, 2011

From what I gather the dot is the image that the subjects are being shown. (Top left)
The dot in the mental image is what the computer sees when it reads your mind.

The videos on the left are videos which best match the current state of the brain. Thus, the guy in the top row’s brain reacted similarly to the dot, as it did to the earthbound video, thus the computer uses the earthbound data (presumably collected earlier) to reconstruct the image the guy was being shown. At least that’s how I understand it.

Ginrei said on Sep. 27, 2011

There’s also clips of the Kirby, Sonic, and Rockman.EXE anime. How weird.

? said on Sep. 28, 2011

i don’t get it..

sci said on Sep. 28, 2011

here’s the ACTUAL source:

what Anonymous said pretty much sums it up. (to the best of my understanding.)

and yeah, I noticed the Earthbound too. 😀
it’s not too weird, considering that they just grabbed a ton of youtube clips at random. you’ll find all kinds of stuff in there.

• el tigre: can’t wait to own some wacky earthbound merch
  • Silvris: Something interesting I noticed: Earthbound is on the SNES Mini, but Mother 2 isn’t on the Super Famicom Mini.
  • mazoboom: I own pretty much all those games, and my SNES still works (for now?) but I am trying my hardest to get one of these.
  • Leeaux: Adult Swim grabs the wrestling news and makes an advert out of it. As a guy who grew up trying to explain what this game even is to most...
  • William: I’m crying. This is such great news, hopefully I can get my hands on a SNES Classic, unlike with the NES classic. Glad my parents...