August 10th, 2011 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound

Adam H. sent this in recently:

this is probably my favorite version of Smiles and Tears, played by an amazing cover artist calling himself Famicom Guitar, with guest piano done by someone named Fuma Pero.

HOLY GIYGAS! 😯

If you want to check out more Famicom Guitar music, see here!

14 Comments to Smiles and Tears by Famicom Guitar

perplexingArticulator said on Aug. 10, 2011

Wow. Just wow. I’m certainly highly impressed.

also silly mato, the correct EarthBound curse substitution is “holy loly”, thank you very much 😛

Carl said on Aug. 10, 2011

I’m amused that the famicom-guitar.com site has a link to an “Arrange Game Music Site” with an Mother/Earthbound banner called “Fuckin’ Go My Way.”

Poe said on Aug. 10, 2011

Oh man. I pushed play, then turned off my monitor and closed my eyes. This is possibly the best fan arrangement of “Smiles and Tears” I’ve ever heard! Famicom Guitar just gained +1 fan 🙂

Schlupi said on Aug. 10, 2011

This was fucking beautiful. I shed a tear listening to this. +9001 internets to Famicom Guitar. <3

Pimpshi said on Aug. 10, 2011

That remix… it’s perfect. Downloading immediately.

In fact, all of the ones I’ve listened to have been nothing short of perfect. Nice find, Adam H.!

Mr. Saturn said on Aug. 10, 2011

It’s ok. But I can hear A few mistakes. Might want to work on that.

Mato said on Aug. 10, 2011

ok debbie downer

Zoom! said on Aug. 10, 2011

Multiply EPIC times a billion and you’re not even close to how awesome this mix is.

SamWibatt said on Aug. 10, 2011

Outstanding!

Esk said on Aug. 10, 2011

Wonderful. :3

Definitely sounds like Fool On The Hill by the Beatles starting at 1:56 though. :B

Cyril said on Aug. 11, 2011

Not an EB cover, but Illusion of Gaia was a pretty awesome game, and this cover is no less amazing:

Beatle said on Aug. 22, 2011

I Hear a Mellotron in there. It sounds identical to the one in Strawberry Fields Forever.

ropesnake said on Aug. 24, 2011

@Mr. Saturn The musician often adds improvisation to the songs he covers, so it’s not going to sound exactly the same…different arrangements are what makes song covers so interesting!

Cody baio said on Oct. 8, 2011