August 7th, 2011 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Fan Games

One of the best EarthBound hacks out there is Radiation’s EarthBound Halloween hack. If you haven’t tried it out yet, I definitely recommend it.

Anyway, if you’re clever enough to reach the final boss, you’re treated to a cool, completely-new battle music Radiation called Megalovania. It’s not only really cool music, it’s a very impressive technical feat; if you’ve ever tried to hack EarthBound’s music, you know just how insane it is.

All that background info aside, Japanese fan Namikin recently managed to get to the end of the game and was impressed enough to do a remix of Megalovania:

I like!

I don’t have MP3s of the original version of this version; if anyone can make some, lemme know and I’ll post them here.

28 Comments to Radiation’s Megalovania Remixed

Anonymous said on Aug. 7, 2011

GLORIOUS

EnnuiKing said on Aug. 7, 2011

This Namikin person is going to have a massive new fanbase out of nowhere and be utterly confused by it, considering Megalovania was also featured in a Homestuck flash.

Mindfang said on Aug. 7, 2011

Awwwwwwww yeah, R8di8ion throws down the funkiest 8eats

Trig said on Aug. 7, 2011

Mato, like EnnuiKing said, you should check this out too. The song appeared a few times in a really popular webcomic.

Radiation said on Aug. 7, 2011

It actually originally appeared in Homestuck in a hidden room in a flash where you control several different characters as EarthBound sprites… along with an EarthBound remix!

Go here:

And when you are able to walk around, press CTRL + T.

Not all of the songs in the secret room are by me. The EarthBound remix (Hero’s Growth) is by Solatrus. Secret ROM is my arrangement of several different video game tunes…

Rock said on Aug. 7, 2011

Man, I love that song.
I mean, I love that hack!
Here’s the link to the original song:

Halloween said on Aug. 7, 2011

WHOA
blowing my mind with awesomeness.

Schlupi said on Aug. 7, 2011

ABSOLUTELY. FRIGGIN AWESOME.

meleemario said on Aug. 7, 2011

I have an mp3 of the original song, Megalovania. Can’t remember where I got it for the life of me. It IS floating around though, I wanna say I got it from Starmen.net, but i’m not 100% sure….

Rhyselinn said on Aug. 7, 2011

I have never played an Earthbound hack before. After listening to this song, I think I may have to do that now. Radiation, you, sir, are amazing. Namikin, same goes for you. (not that either of you are probably going to read this, ha 😀 just thought I’d say this anyways)

Out of curiosity, does anybody know how Earthbound stuff ended up in Homestuck? Is there a known Mother fan among the creators?

RandomGuardian said on Aug. 7, 2011

Some one pass me my gun cause I am about to BLOW MY MIND from the shear AWESOME involved in this!

Autobobby1 said on Aug. 7, 2011

@Rhyselinn: Andrew Hussie, the creator of the series, has said somewhere that Earthbound was one of the inspirations for Homestuck.

Rhyselinn said on Aug. 8, 2011

^Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! 😀

AGHAGHAGHAGHAGH said on Aug. 8, 2011

AGH HOMESTUCKSPLOSION

asdfjal said on Aug. 8, 2011

Not sure if want.

I used to be a fan, but the fandom of IT killed off the Mother Fandom.
so
yeah

Crav said on Aug. 9, 2011

I finally got around to playing this. It’s pretty impressive. The amount of work that went into it must have been staggering.

Ohjay said on Aug. 9, 2011

Radiation is actually a member of the Homestuck music team. Suddenly you understand everything.

pk time stop said on Aug. 9, 2011

flippen love this! 😀 going to have to get the hack right away 😀

Zoom! said on Aug. 9, 2011

Just awesome!

Namikin said on Aug. 10, 2011

Oh, It’s my video.
Created was game by fan is very good.
Because, I feel love for game.
I support EarthBound’s fan from japan.
Thank you for all Earthbound’s fan.

perplexingArticulator said on Aug. 10, 2011

@asdfjal

…what? MOTHER obviously still has a fanbase. Homestuck has done nothing to change that; indeed, I can’t see how it could do anything to it at all (except possibly make it grow slightly since Hussie has made EarthBound’s influence pretty clear by now, possibly driving up interest? idk). Fandoms don’t destroy other fandoms. Ever. That’s not how these things work.

Also, LOVE. Megalovania is one of my favourite Homestuck tracks, being that I’m much more familiar with it in the Homestuck context than I am in the context of the halloween hack. And, well, I do enjoy hearing remixes of songs I like. 😛

perplexingArticulator said on Aug. 10, 2011

Also – probably should’ve done this in the initial post, but derp – while we’re on the subject of sharing various iterations and remixes of Megalovania, I thought I might as well point in the direction of this one:

I am a sucker for some good piano. 😛

Zoom! said on Aug. 10, 2011

@Namikin You’re welcome! The mix is awesome. 🙂

EnnuiKing said on Aug. 10, 2011

@perplexingArticulator

Clearly, asdfjal was referring to the fandom of Stephen King’s “It” literally killing off members of the MOTHER fandom in imitation of Pennywise in the Great Fandom Massacre of 2006, instead of making a really odd comment about the Homestuck fandom.

Dylan said on Aug. 10, 2011

thank you radiation!!!!! my freind mark used to hate earthbound because it was too “KIDDY” ever since he played it he somewhat likes mother!

google.com said on Aug. 10, 2011
Dylan said on Aug. 10, 2011

i made the mp3 but i wasnt logged in… i dont know why it says google.com though

Stride said on Aug. 11, 2011

For anyone that’s interested, here’s a few Homestuck + MOTHER 3 arrangments. They’re very well blended, I did not make these, a guy on the Homestuck fanmusic thread did, and he did an amazing job if I do say so myself.

http://tindeck.com/listen/ogsn (Mix of Even Drier Guys and Homestuck – Octoon Rangoon)

http://tindeck.com/listen/pvnu (Mix of Homestuck – Three in the Morning, Strong One, and Lucky’s Room)

He hasn’t been making anything lately, but I hope to get ahold of him again soon.