Mini-Update Megathon #10
In all, I wound up taking like 2500 screenshots which took forever to go through, weed out, put together, write up stuff about, and all that. I also think I wound up being extra picky on some of the more minor things, so with all that in mind, be prepared to do a lot of reading 😯
I’m not actually done with the comparison stuff yet, I still need to do the following:
- Add an item name page
- Add a page for character, place, etc. names for easy reference
- Add a tl;dr page, since I know most people don’t want to read through a zillion pages of picky translator madness
- Fix up a few existing pages with new info sent in by people
- Possibly beef up a few existing pages with more details since my earlier pages are sparser than later ones now that I look back
I really want to finish this stuff though – I’m hoping to start a site that looks into other Japanese games this same way, just not at nearly the same insane level of detail of course 😛 I wrote more about it here, and I’m thinking of tackling some popular NES games to start with. If you guys got any ideas for other games though, lemme know.
P.S. I learned a ton about the ending of EarthBound through this, and none of the FAQs I’ve read have it all listed. I discovered so much stuff I never knew about, it’s cool. If you ever get to the ending again, you really should try talking to everybody you can, some people say the same old stuff, but a lot say new stuff, even really insignificant characters!
Other Related Posts:
67 Comments to MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound: Ending
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo SNES Cartridge Cart Game Earth Bound
- KingOfSwords: To keep all the bits attached.
- 989fox989: *sigh* if I were a rich man…
- Ar: Why does the Saturn sticker has two white dots? It’s supposed to be part of the sprite?
- Expert: Doujinshi is fan made work based on an existing thing. This could be a novel (or fanfic) or manga. To be a doujinshi it must be based on an...
- Chairman of the Bored: What’s a doujinshi? What’s the difference between a shota and loli doujinshi for that matter?