MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10

August 23rd, 2011 | Auctions, EarthBound

It looks like someone’s selling a rare Happy Happyist figure made by Meeellla on eBay. If you’re not familiar with Meeellla’s work, she’s the lady behind all those MOTHER 3 clay figures in the Handbook as well as tons of other figures sold by Fangamer. She does really good work.

Anyway, only one of these Happy Happyists was ever made, and it was given out during the 2010 EarthBound Fanfest that Fangamer/Starmen.Net held. As such, it’s got a hefty price tag on it, right now it’s at $415. For more info and pics, you can check out the auction here.

18 Comments to Happy Happyist Figure for Sale

M1997 said on Aug. 23, 2011

Man, that’s one cute cultist! XD

M1997 said on Aug. 23, 2011

Sorry to double post, but FIRST COMMENT! W00t!

Anonymous said on Aug. 23, 2011

Maybe I can get in a fight with it so it can call it’s friends, so I can have more figurines.

Chrissii said on Aug. 23, 2011

Holy crap. They should make more for Fangamer. Looks just right to go with the official mini figures.

neonix said on Aug. 23, 2011

Awesome figure, but WOW, I couldn’t pay that much for it! I predict a large price drop in a few weeks.

DJ 2Sang said on Aug. 23, 2011

Man I miss the contests where you could win things like these. Will there ever be another PK Tub’n contest? I hope so…
We DOMINATED youtube for months with that grade A content.

DJ 2Sang said on Aug. 23, 2011

Actually it would be cool if we rallied together and requested Sakurai to put in more Earthbound characters, trophies, and content in Smash Bros.

Smash Bros. is the key to the future of Mother. Look what happened to Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, they were franchises that barely anybody cared about, then with Brawl’s publicity, they got REALLY popular.

We should seriously try to get Ninten, Porky, Duster, Jeff, Poo, Paula, Kumatora,and Flint in for at least assist trophies.

Anonymous said on Aug. 23, 2011

I think Itoi’s the key to the future of Mother. It isn’t just that he’s the creator of the series or Iwata’s friend, I think he’s generally respected at Nintendo. This is the guy who named the Game Boy.

Though, Sakurai might be on board. EarthBound was a HAL game.

Stevesesy said on Aug. 23, 2011

Hey, guys. I won that figurine but sold it to a guy I met online for $400. LOL. He bought it to my surprise. I do not regret giving it up at all. He obv has buyer regret.

ropesnake said on Aug. 24, 2011

I know this might be an unpopular opinion, since the figure is the property of whoever owns it, but I can’t help feeling sad that Camille isn’t seeing any of this money.

Stevesesy said on Aug. 24, 2011

I feel nothing but money.

If you were in my position you would have made the same decision.

Jem said on Aug. 25, 2011

$415 for a fan-made figure? wtf? Sorry but that’s just being greedy.

peanut2199 said on Aug. 27, 2011

I <3 Meeellla!!!

Matteomax said on Sep. 6, 2011

I really wouldn’t waste $415 for a fan made figure unless it was a solid gold Mr.Saturn! 😀

Anonymous said on Sep. 28, 2011

FACT: A fan made figurine is not worth 400 dollars let alone any amount of money.

That would be like considering bootleg mario toys/merch “FAN MADE FIGURINES” and turning the price up to 400.

but anyway, the guy who won this is selling it on ebay for 400 so he is the only idiot to blame.

Poe said on Sep. 28, 2011

This is a unique work of art, not some cheap bootleg. It may not be worth $400, but I wouldn’t knock it down to the same level as this: http://gameswag.com/help/bootleg-fake-merchandise/#examples

EpicLotus said on Oct. 8, 2011

This was my auction, and I relisted it here if anyone’s interested:

It may or may not be worth $400, so I’ve added a Best Offer option. Sorry, Stevesesy, but this wasn’t listed out of “obv buyer regret”. I’d buy it again at that price, no hesitation. I have 9 different figures of Meeellla’s, but I’ve moved and don’t have the same kind of space anymore at my new place. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll just find a place for it and the other figures in storage (sad as that might be).

Also, the “Anonymous” who posted above on 9/28/11 sounds like the same guy that’s messaged me twice on ebay (starting the same day he posted here), threatening to report me to ebay. Kind of a tool.

Clockwork64 said on May. 13, 2012