Postcards for EarthBound
There’s always a ton of new stuff to find in MOTHER 3 – in terms of size, it’s packed with almost 11 times as much data as EarthBound was. I think we’ll be discovering new stuff for years, if not decades to come.
I recently came across some new stuff on some Japanese sites, so I’ll share it with English-speakers now!
- It’s nothing special, but after you beat the game, all the songs in the sound player will have their titles revealed. But if you then delete your save game, apparently all the titles will still remain revealed. I haven’t tried it myself, anyone know if this works?
- If a character likes cheese, the HP they regain from eating it increases. This is nothing new. But apparently Lucas’s personal preference is decided by what you name him – if his name has an odd number of letters, he’ll like cheese, and if it’s an even number, he’ll hate cheese.
I haven’t tried this out myself, so if anyone knows if this is true or not, please let me know!
There’s so much in the ROM – I really feel like we’ve only scratched the surface in terms of finding out little secrets and unused content. So here’s hoping we’ll keep finding stuff out over the years 😀
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Some MOTHER 3 Tidbits
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.