There’s always a ton of new stuff to find in MOTHER 3 – in terms of size, it’s packed with almost 11 times as much data as EarthBound was. I think we’ll be discovering new stuff for years, if not decades to come.
I recently came across some new stuff on some Japanese sites, so I’ll share it with English-speakers now!
- It’s nothing special, but after you beat the game, all the songs in the sound player will have their titles revealed. But if you then delete your save game, apparently all the titles will still remain revealed. I haven’t tried it myself, anyone know if this works?
- If a character likes cheese, the HP they regain from eating it increases. This is nothing new. But apparently Lucas’s personal preference is decided by what you name him – if his name has an odd number of letters, he’ll like cheese, and if it’s an even number, he’ll hate cheese.
I haven’t tried this out myself, so if anyone knows if this is true or not, please let me know!
There’s so much in the ROM – I really feel like we’ve only scratched the surface in terms of finding out little secrets and unused content. So here’s hoping we’ll keep finding stuff out over the years 😀
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Some MOTHER 3 Tidbits
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?