July 2nd, 2011 | EarthBound, Polls

I haven’t kept track of Nintendo Power stuff for years now, I’m surprised they’re still doing polls. Apparently the latest one has a bunch of EarthBound-related stuff, so if you’re interested in voting, see here. Just, don’t spam the poll or anything, that’s lame. Vote how you really think, and then have something tasty to eat for no real reason, like a donut.

22 Comments to New Nintendo Power Poll

anonnymoose said on Jul. 2, 2011

Which third-party 16-bit game would you most want to see get a modern revival? > Chrono Trigger

inb4 murderdiekill of certain fangame.

Minecrafter said on Jul. 2, 2011

Aw what, Giygas wasnt an options for best villan.

KingDarian said on Jul. 2, 2011

Because Smithy is the de facto answer to that question.

DJ 2Sang said on Jul. 2, 2011

I hate that they only used the earthbound question to attract this entire fanbase to vote on the other questions. Also, not giving Earthbound as an option to get a modern revival was just a slap in the face to Earthbound fans.

RandomGuardian said on Jul. 2, 2011

^ That is a very pestimistic view! You should be luck they even know we exist! Chrono Trigger got less question answers if I recall and it did just as good as Earthbound

Zinco said on Jul. 2, 2011

While Mother 4 would be cool and all, I would almost literally murder someone for a new Chrono Trigger game

DJMankiwitz said on Jul. 2, 2011

Chrono Trigger’s been re-released numerous times, but I’d love to see a modern release of Chrono Cross, or, dream of dreams, Chrono Break show up.

Of the games I could actually pick from, I’m afraid I had to go with the DKC series. I simply loved everything about those 3 games, and they just plain outnumber Earthbound. I did consider Ness the best new character though (even though as I’d find out later, he’s really just Ninten). As for best villian, I had to go with the psychotic clown Kefka.

I found very little in the list of Wii and DS games to get excited about (too much shovel-ware), but wow did I check a lot of 3DS games on that list.

Clawclaw said on Jul. 2, 2011

@DJ
That’s because it’s not an Earthbound poll at all! Just the first few questions are about the SNES era, the rest is about upcoming titles.

JAMESGHOST said on Jul. 2, 2011

I couldn’t help but to choose donkey kong country ._.
I chose Ness as best new character though.

and dear lord at all the crappy titles on DS and Wii,
the 3DS is a must have, but I’m extremely iffy for the Wii U

Dlakii said on Jul. 2, 2011

I love how it’s official polls and media like this which go to show just how thin the lineup of upcoming games for all three consoles really is. It’s downright sad that it’s even the case, sadder than any fate which befell the MOTHER series.

Also I see what they did there, omitting EarthBound from the “modern revival” question after the string of other questions with it as an option. Heh, well-played, NP. 😛

meleemario said on Jul. 3, 2011

Earthbound/Mother could use a modern revival here in the States! I wonder what will happen if the Earthbound related answers get the most votes and are published in August’s issue of Nintendo Power?

alezicarus said on Jul. 3, 2011

choosing which 3rd party developer was a hard one for me. It took me like a minute to decide between square enix or capcom. I eventually went with square enix.

DJMankiwitz said on Jul. 3, 2011

Yeah I had to go with Square Enix because it was downright unfair! They were two separate companies back then! From Illusion of Gaia to Secret of Mana, and of course the big names, yeah they outdid the rest I’d say, and that’s before I start counting the gems unreleased in America.

I’d love to see a Mother collection on the 3DS, with 3D effects added. That said, since the graphics are 2D sprites, the effect would necessarily have a “diorama” look to it, but unlike most 3D conversions I think that effect would actually FIT the Mother universe pretty well.

Anonymous said on Jul. 3, 2011

Yeah, let’s revive EarthBound! First we’ll get Itoi on board to make a new game and oh wait

If my understanding from the EarthBound Virtual Console fiasco is right, NCL isn’t willing to alter his games at all. They won’t make a new game. They won’t make a remake, unless maybe they make a 3D-fied EarthBound.

meleemario said on Jul. 3, 2011

I’m all for a revival!

LakituAl said on Jul. 3, 2011

Why is it that, of all the options to be “excited” about the Wii U, none of them I gave a Worthless Protoplasm about?

Also, can’t wait for the Happy Fett 2 game! (/sarcasm)

neonix said on Jul. 4, 2011

I don’t understand why Chrono Trigger was an option for “Which third-party 16-bit game would you most want to see get a modern revival?” It’s been re-released recently with upgrades. Unless they intend to consider another installment if the response to that question is high.

neonix said on Jul. 4, 2011

Oh and EarthBound would have been a nice option for that question, but I’m pretty sure they know damn well if they put it, we would have set up some clever organized siege on the voting and made the question worthless in consideration to the other titles. Haha.

The Great Morgil said on Jul. 26, 2011

I just got the issue today, and, surprise surprise, Earthbound won the top spot on that poll.

Also, there was another EB reference in an article about the anniversary of the SNES. I’ll try and make some scans later.

Mato said on Jul. 26, 2011

Ooh, cool!

gukid said on Jul. 27, 2011

Anyone else notice that “Pirate Battle” is listed under the DS releases? This was a game being developed by Orbital Media before they went under… I’m very curious why it’s listed.

Herobrine said on Jul. 27, 2012

I GOT THE WRONG QUIZ MATO. WHY DID I GET THE WRONG QUIZ MATO. IS THE LINK BROKEN MATO? MATO. HEY MATO. WHY DID I GET THE WRONG QUIZ MATO. I AM UPSET MATO. WAAAAAH.