Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW

July 23rd, 2011 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 3

Here’s a really cool remix of the battle music against the N.K. Cyborg in MOTHER 3, as it would sound on an old-school MMC5 chip for the NES:

Man, hearing music like that in an old NES game back in the day would’ve been amazing. I always really enjoy NES/8-bit demakes of modern game music, I wish I could take some of them and go back in time and be a kick-ass game musician 😛

Thanks to NewAgeRetroGamer for the chiptune mix and RobertHMayfire for the tip!

11 Comments to N.K. Cyborg MMC5 Chiptune Music

man said on Jul. 23, 2011

It’s pretty good, bit I’d really like to see is a SID style remix

Poe said on Jul. 23, 2011

Man, I don’t remember this song at all! I think it’s time I replay MOTHER 3 ;D

MG said on Jul. 23, 2011

Eh, it isn’t the most faithful of transcriptions. I didn’t like it.

starwars890 said on Jul. 23, 2011

A MOTHER 3 remake on the NES just wouldn’t work in my opinion.. things like events and cutscenes in MOTHER 3 (even in battle) just wouldn’t work with the NES’s processing. Good song nonetheless..

LucasPSI said on Jul. 23, 2011

Really awesome!

RandomGuardian said on Jul. 24, 2011

GAH! I instantly started humming Mega Man 2 Wileys fort stage 1 as soon as the main guitar part came in. Now I feel old!

The Earthbounder said on Jul. 26, 2011

Oh mah gawd!

IT SOUNDS LIKE…

Dr. Wily’s castle music from mega man 2.

The Earthbounder said on Jul. 26, 2011

Soory that was so dramatic. XD

J-dog said on Jul. 26, 2011

(weird comment in perentesys because mind is blown)

FuzzyPicklez said on Aug. 1, 2011

Sure it’d be possible to remake this game on the NES. All they’d have to do is bring back random encounters and make it just a Dragon Quest clone again.

Zatham said on Jan. 6, 2013

Nice, I recognized the riff was from Mega Man 2. Couldn’t remember it was from Dr. Wiley’s stage though. That’s intense.