Get the MOTHER 2 Soundtrack… In Style!
In the last few months, I’ve noticed (non-Deluxe Box) MOTHER 3 prices on eBay starting to rise higher than I’ve ever seen. Complete copies used to sell for $45, which even then I felt was overpriced, but lately it’s been creeping into the $65-$70 or higher range, in a way that reminds me a lot of how EarthBound prices behaved about ten years ago.
Here’s a chart of the average monthly price on eBay for the past 12 months, based only on auctions that actually sold:
You can see an interactive version of the above graph plus the prices from Japanese shops here.
At first, I thought it was just an eBay thing, but checking the prices on Amazon Japan, Yahoo Auctions Japan, and Rakuten, it looks like the price is going up everywhere in general.
The thing is, it’s not as if the game is rare (or even in English for us non-Japanese folks), so it’s odd that it’s going up in price. EarthBound’s the same way, it’s not rare at all, but still costs a lot of money. MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2 carts remain pretty cheap, meanwhile.
Remember when MOTHER 3 was like $15 at Play-Asia? Man, those were the days 😛
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to MOTHER 3 Prices on the Rise
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?