MOTHER 3 Translated into Korean
In the last few months, I’ve noticed (non-Deluxe Box) MOTHER 3 prices on eBay starting to rise higher than I’ve ever seen. Complete copies used to sell for $45, which even then I felt was overpriced, but lately it’s been creeping into the $65-$70 or higher range, in a way that reminds me a lot of how EarthBound prices behaved about ten years ago.
Here’s a chart of the average monthly price on eBay for the past 12 months, based only on auctions that actually sold:
You can see an interactive version of the above graph plus the prices from Japanese shops here.
At first, I thought it was just an eBay thing, but checking the prices on Amazon Japan, Yahoo Auctions Japan, and Rakuten, it looks like the price is going up everywhere in general.
The thing is, it’s not as if the game is rare (or even in English for us non-Japanese folks), so it’s odd that it’s going up in price. EarthBound’s the same way, it’s not rare at all, but still costs a lot of money. MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2 carts remain pretty cheap, meanwhile.
Remember when MOTHER 3 was like $15 at Play-Asia? Man, those were the days 😛
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to MOTHER 3 Prices on the Rise
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?