An Early Look at EarthBound in Total! Magazine
Good ol’ OKeijiDragon recently dug up an old Japanese video with a preview of MOTHER 1. Since it’s before the game was released, a lot of the stuff shown is slightly different from the final version. It isn’t translated, but you can see all the differences for yourself:
I don’t really have time in the next few days to translate this, but basically the guy is saying simple stuff like, “Oh, this game uses diagonal-like graphics instead of the traditional top-down style. That sure gives the graphics a feeling of depth!” and other general stuff about how many party members you get, the creators behind the game, that kinda stuff, nothing too important.
It’s always really cool when old videos like this are uncovered, so if anyone ever comes across stuff like this, let me know!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to MOTHER 1 Beta Video
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?