EarthBound Card Game in Class
An old Japanese Game Boy game called “For the Frog the Bell Tolls” was recently fan-translated into English, which is cool, since I’ve seen people pick up and drop the project like crazy over the years. But at last it’s done, and you can check it out here.
Why talk about this here, you ask? Well, apparently there’s a character you can talk to in the game that’s a cameo or a reference to Shigesato Itoi:
The treasure trove thing is also a reference to Itoi’s gold mining escapades.
Thanks to Artemis for the tip, and to everyone who helped translate the game!
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to Itoi Cameo in Old Game Boy Game
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic