Mother: Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Released
For a while now, an “EarthBound Soundtrack” has been popping up on eBay regularly. It’s clearly fake, but a LOT of people have been asking about it, much to my surprise. It’s 100% fake and not official.
Just from the pics it’s clearly pretty crappy quality stuff:
I’m guessing the auction titles like “Earthbound Complete Soundtrack Mother2 EXTREMELY Scarce” and the sub-titles like “2 Discs!! All 138 Tracks!!!! Crystal clear audio!” are convincing people into thinking this is a legitimate thing, but it’s not.
teknomaniac bought a copy a while back and made some videos to show it in more detail:
Basically, don’t waste your $70 on this. If you want the EarthBound music on a CD or whatever, download the MP3 archive here and just transfer that to whatever you want.
There’s been a surge in counterfeit EarthBound merchandise lately, as you may have noticed, so watch out for stuff like this.
Other Related Posts:
27 Comments to Fake EarthBound Soundtracks
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic