My Crazy EarthBound Cart, Part 2!
A long while ago I started working on a hack of EarthBound to recreate EarthBound Zero. I put the project in stasis, but since then a bunch of other fans have tried to pick up the pieces to continue the hack. It’s still got a loooooong way to go (if it ever gets finished), but the map editing by Food_Eater has been the highlight of the new work, by far.
We’ve already seen work on the new Snowman map here, now here’s a shot of Youngtown / Easter in action:
You can see the whole map here:
And you can compare it to the original here: EarthBound Zero Youngtown map
Editing maps in EarthBound is the devil, and keeping the data from corrupting over time is even worse. So seeing these maps coming together is like a miracle!
You can follow progress on the project here.
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Easter / Youngtown Map Remake
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...