MOTHER 3 Hot Spring Surprises
A long while ago I started working on a hack of EarthBound to recreate EarthBound Zero. I put the project in stasis, but since then a bunch of other fans have tried to pick up the pieces to continue the hack. It’s still got a loooooong way to go (if it ever gets finished), but the map editing by Food_Eater has been the highlight of the new work, by far.
We’ve already seen work on the new Snowman map here, now here’s a shot of Youngtown / Easter in action:
You can see the whole map here:
And you can compare it to the original here: EarthBound Zero Youngtown map
Editing maps in EarthBound is the devil, and keeping the data from corrupting over time is even worse. So seeing these maps coming together is like a miracle!
You can follow progress on the project here.
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Easter / Youngtown Map Remake
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.