Mr. Saturn Font in the Wild
A long while ago I started working on a hack of EarthBound to recreate EarthBound Zero. I put the project in stasis, but since then a bunch of other fans have tried to pick up the pieces to continue the hack. It’s still got a loooooong way to go (if it ever gets finished), but the map editing by Food_Eater has been the highlight of the new work, by far.
We’ve already seen work on the new Snowman map here, now here’s a shot of Youngtown / Easter in action:
You can see the whole map here:
And you can compare it to the original here: EarthBound Zero Youngtown map
Editing maps in EarthBound is the devil, and keeping the data from corrupting over time is even worse. So seeing these maps coming together is like a miracle!
You can follow progress on the project here.
Other Related Posts:
30 Comments to Easter / Youngtown Map Remake
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues