MOTHER 3 in Retro Gamer
There are many attempts at making a remake of EarthBound Zero, some using RPG Maker, some more complicated, like the old hack I dropped a while back, and more. Here’s one being worked on by uyuyuy99 that’s basically an attempt to recreate EarthBound Zero to the exact little detail:
I’ve always wished there was more than just a simple text editor for Earthbound Zero – you know, like level editors, music editors – stuff like that. But since I’m not nearly an experienced enough ROM hacker, I decided to recreate Earthbound 0 from scratch, and then release the source code to the public.
My plan is to make program a complete replica of Earthbound 0 in Game Maker, so people can finally “hack” EB0 once and for all.
You can easily keep up to date by subscribing to my blog here: http://eb0remake.wordpress.com/
A bunch of videos have been posted over the last month or two, here are just a couple:
I’m really impressed by how authentic everything is coming along. If anything, this project will make uyuyuy99 a Game Maker master 😛
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to EarthBound Zero: Source
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...