Itoi Speaks From 9 Years in the Past
There are many attempts at making a remake of EarthBound Zero, some using RPG Maker, some more complicated, like the old hack I dropped a while back, and more. Here’s one being worked on by uyuyuy99 that’s basically an attempt to recreate EarthBound Zero to the exact little detail:
I’ve always wished there was more than just a simple text editor for Earthbound Zero – you know, like level editors, music editors – stuff like that. But since I’m not nearly an experienced enough ROM hacker, I decided to recreate Earthbound 0 from scratch, and then release the source code to the public.
My plan is to make program a complete replica of Earthbound 0 in Game Maker, so people can finally “hack” EB0 once and for all.
You can easily keep up to date by subscribing to my blog here: http://eb0remake.wordpress.com/
A bunch of videos have been posted over the last month or two, here are just a couple:
I’m really impressed by how authentic everything is coming along. If anything, this project will make uyuyuy99 a Game Maker master 😛
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to EarthBound Zero: Source
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...