July 31st, 2011 | MOTHER 3

There’s been some interest in an Italian translation of MOTHER 3 lately, but so far no one’s really contacted me about it via e-mail. So if you’re a native Italian speaker and have some experience translating from English into Italian, contact me at tomato@starmen.net.

But only after you read this first!

Also note: this is a call for fan translators, not professionals seeking paid work.

18 Comments to Call For Italian Translators

Pichu said on Jul. 31, 2011

I wish I did, the only language I know is English and sign language.On that note I would just like to say that I don’t take for granted the awesome emotion filled background music in the Mother series, and thank you Mato for introducing me to all of it, it means so much.

Axel said on Jul. 31, 2011

Io gente ci sono, però ci dobbiamo mettere davvero seri!

Durp676 said on Jul. 31, 2011

Italian is my second language, and I’m very fluent. I would like to help out, but I don’t think I can dedicate enough time into it.

TheLawrence said on Jul. 31, 2011

Actually, my friend Batandy told me he sent you at least one e-mail concerning the Italian translation. I guess he used the wrong address?
Personally I’m italian and I enjoy translating scripts and subbing episodes of TV shows at an amateur level. I also have a First Certificate in English.
Though I’m rather busy lately, I’d love to take part in an italian translation of Mother 3 if it gets picked up again.

Mato said on Jul. 31, 2011

TheLawrence: Hmm, tell him to try sending again (using my e-mail address, not my contact form on this site), it’s possible it didn’t go through last time or something.

Marcotto said on Aug. 2, 2011

Well i COULD help since i’m a native Italian, but only if there’s many of us doing it!

Irama said on Aug. 2, 2011

I read the other post, and if it’s “just one person should translate all of it” for me it would be impossible.
If it was “you, translate this part then I’ll give you some more” I would be pleased to help. Currently for me it’s summer vacation so I have a lot of free time.
I have little experience with English to Italian video game translation (I subbed Persona 3 and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X anime cutscenes).

Batandy said on Aug. 2, 2011

i’m a native italian, and i’d like to help
well, actually i sent some pms,not some e-mails, when the old italian project was still online (but nearly-dead)well, it doesn’t matter.
If you need someone, just ask your friendly neghboorhood batandy

Axel said on Aug. 2, 2011

I would really like to translate this game, in group or by myself if nobody else want, but i’m not able to do it, because i miss the knowledges (how to). So if somebody that knows it wants to help me, i would be glad to start the translation.

Claudia - italian translators said on Aug. 2, 2011

hi, I can translate this game in Italian and as requested have just sent you an email.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Mato said on Aug. 2, 2011

Sorry Claudia, this is really a call for fan translators, not for professionals looking for pay.

Zoom! said on Aug. 5, 2011

Hey Mato. This guy on SmashWiki(not SmashWikia, SmashWiki) known as Toomai needs someone who knows Japanese. It’s for some project. Could you visit there to see if you can help?

Zoom! said on Aug. 5, 2011

The project involves translating the Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee websites into English.

Mato said on Aug. 5, 2011

Sorry, wish I could help, but with so little time the most I could help with is a few sentences here and there every so often. I don’t have time for a big undertaking right now 🙁

Zoom! said on Aug. 5, 2011

I understand. Thank you for wanting to help, though! 🙂

Zoom! said on Aug. 5, 2011

By the way, do you know anyone else who might be able to do the translating? Sorry to be going kinda off-topic with these posts.

Mato said on Aug. 6, 2011

Sorry, best I can suggest is to visit a bunch of other gaming sites that have sort of a Japanese aspect to them too.

Zoom! said on Aug. 6, 2011