Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #22
EARTHBOUND (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) GOOD SHAPE & TESTED

July 17th, 2011 | EarthBound, Merchandise, Videos

Poe made a video assembling one of those big Mr. Saturn PVC figures that you could win in Japanese arcades last year:

I guess I didn’t realize at the time these things were being released just how big these PVC figures are. Also didn’t know you had to assemble them, but I guess it makes sense, especially if you’re knocking these things around in an arcade claw machine. I think other than that crazy super giant Mr. Saturn plush, this is actually the biggest Mr. Saturn item out there.

Just don’t throw these like you can in Smash Bros., I think that’d really hurt 😛

14 Comments to Assembling a Mr. Saturn

SoulSlappy said on Jul. 17, 2011

Cutest thing I’ve seen all day.

BigDream said on Jul. 17, 2011

ME MR. SATURN
BOING.

Karadom said on Jul. 17, 2011

Cool. That’s the first time I’ve seen footage of the trash can Mr. Saturn out of a box.

PK Mt. Fuji said on Jul. 17, 2011

Y;know it’s amazing how those creatures are able to walk around with such huge noses, their spine must be made of steel!

Irama said on Jul. 17, 2011

Now I want a Mr. Saturn. D:

Satsy said on Jul. 17, 2011

PK Mt. Fuji: I’m not sure they actually have spines: http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/05/anatomy-of-a-mr-saturn/

This is neat. 😀 Since I’ve already got 3 Mr.Saturns (the incognito one, the mini one, and the one that came with the 1+2 art book) I’m not too sure I’d have space for more, but MAN are they tempting.

Rafael R120 said on Jul. 17, 2011

I may sound like an idiot but, are all of those official?

Onion said on Jul. 17, 2011

Looks like he was made to Smash Bros. scale…

Mato said on Jul. 17, 2011

Rafael: Yeah, they all are. You can see more info about a bunch of them here: http://gameswag.com/keyword/mr-saturn/

KingDarian said on Jul. 17, 2011

Cool. Mine is still in its box, along with all the other figures. I have no place to display them all. (also, maybe it’s time to invest in a lazy susan/turntable ;D)

iwata kicks you know what said on Jul. 17, 2011

Well, they aren’t as complicated to put together as I thought they would’ve been, so that’s good enough for me!

Poe said on Jul. 19, 2011

Oh btw Mato, I think the M1+2 statue is bigger than this PVC figure: http://gameswag.com/view/mother-12-mr-saturn-statue/ 😀

Matteomax said on Aug. 8, 2011

There is currently a knee-high Mr.Saturn plush on Yahoo Japan up for bidding now! ($110.00, not including Celga handling fees) 😀

KC~ said on Nov. 28, 2012