Giant Mr. Saturn is Invincible!
It’s been a long time coming, but I made an update to my MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound comparison stuff. This time we take a look at Dalaam, which actually goes by a completely different name in the Japanese version! If you’re interested, you can check it out here.
I really enjoy working on the comparison stuff, it’s just a shame it takes so long to prep. I’d love to make a site that focuses on translation/localization comparisons from a more technical/professional viewpoint kind of like what I do with M2 and EB, but maybe not as crazily in-depth. I think it’d be fun to try someday, and I have a few games in mind already. If I can ever find the time, maybe I’ll make that one of my future projects.
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to MOTHER 2 vs. EarthBound: Dalaam
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...