Recently, Checopoco sent me this:
I had found a strenge piece of paper that came with my mother card,it looks like a cut from famitsu but I dont know what the heck is
It turns out it’s a clipping from something, and includes a neat little bug/trick that I’ve never heard of. It’s a pretty fuzzy pic, but what I get out of it is this:
- Get Pippi in your party
- Give her Bread
- Turn it into Bread Crumbs
- Meet the mayor, and part with Pippi
- Go meet Pippi at her house and she’ll give you her Bread Crumbs
- Use the Bread Crumbs
- The audio should start to screw up and start playing in monotone
Has anyone tried this before? I would think that the TAS community’s probably already given stuff like this a shot. I’m not sure if it works in EarthBound Zero or not, it might be a MOTHER 1-only thing. If anyone has more info or can try it out, lemme know!
UPDATE: Turns out it was talking about the screen turning monotone, not the audio. I was so busy focusing on the super-fuzzy letters that I glossed over the headline. So this is basically just explaining the good ol’ breadcrumbs glitch we all know and love.
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to MOTHER 1 in Monotone?
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues