MOTHER 3 Translation Notes: Desperate Search
Checopoco sent in another picture of a MOTHER 1 tip that was probably from some Japanese magazine of some sort. It’s blurry as heck, but I can tell what it’s talking about:
Basically, in Valentine/Ellay, there are gang members walking around, who, if you talk to them, will fight you. But they don’t disappear after you beat them, so you can keep talking to them over and over. The trick here is to get one into a corner, like the trees shown here, and then just keep pressing A constantly to get into battle with them, battle them, and repeat.
This works even better if you’re using an emulator and use the speed-up function – in fact that’s how I got my characters to really high levels while testing my MOTHER 1+2 translation patch a few months ago. Just, be sure you keep track of your HP or you might die before you realize it 😛
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to MOTHER 1 Experience Trick
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic