EarthBound’s 15th Anniversary
Checopoco sent in another picture of a MOTHER 1 tip that was probably from some Japanese magazine of some sort. It’s blurry as heck, but I can tell what it’s talking about:
Basically, in Valentine/Ellay, there are gang members walking around, who, if you talk to them, will fight you. But they don’t disappear after you beat them, so you can keep talking to them over and over. The trick here is to get one into a corner, like the trees shown here, and then just keep pressing A constantly to get into battle with them, battle them, and repeat.
This works even better if you’re using an emulator and use the speed-up function – in fact that’s how I got my characters to really high levels while testing my MOTHER 1+2 translation patch a few months ago. Just, be sure you keep track of your HP or you might die before you realize it 😛
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to MOTHER 1 Experience Trick
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?