Earthbound (SNES)

June 30th, 2011 | Audio Stuff, Events

It’s early morning for a lot of people here in the States, but right now over in Japan an 8-bit music concert is happening live at Shigesato Itoi’s company. If you’re up, you can check it out here!

The music is being played by Professor Sakamoto, who’s a pretty well-known guy who wears consoles on his head 😛

Also check out Chewy’s update about this here!

7 Comments to Live 8-Bit Concert on Itoi’s Site

TheFakePsychic said on Jun. 30, 2011

I actually listened in for around an hour this morning. Let me tell you: It was pretty good.

Awesome birthday surprise, too 😛

Dlakii said on Jun. 30, 2011

Heh, I guess staying up past midnight actually did pay off this time. 😛

Poe said on Jun. 30, 2011

I wish Itoi would announce these concerts a bit further in advance. Totally would have made time for this if I’d known about it sooner!

Dave said on Jul. 1, 2011

This post raises an interesting point, which is that your site’s software does not appear to tell the reader what time it was when posts or comments were made. Naturally, this is completely irrelevant except in this one specific case, and even then only out of curiosity. 🙂

Chewy said on Jul. 1, 2011

Dave: You’re right. I actually like how it doesn’t have the time, because since I’m in Japan it would be a weird time for everyone else in North America. When it’s relevant I make sure to post the time in the blog entry. 🙂

Mrstaplez said on Aug. 1, 2011

anyone record this? I was in Africa when it went on 😉

Mato said on Aug. 1, 2011

Not that I know of. There IS a CD album available, which includes one Mother song, but I don’t think it’s a recording of this concert.

• Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
  • Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
  • Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
  • NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
  • Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...