Wario Ware DIY EarthBound Games
Josh sent this in the other day:
The title of the piece is “Good Friends/Bad Friends”, named after the ending song during the credits. In this piece is every single enemy and boss sprite from the game (not including color palette swaps/clones). Also included is friends/allies, such as the Hint Man, Weapons Dealer, and Apple Kid. Yes, even the white and black sesame seeds. Altogether, there is 142 characters in this piece. Each character, depending on size and complexity, took me from 1-3 hours. I took the utmost caution in paying attention to detail. You see, I wanted this to reflect the way I remembered earthbound as a kid. So I wanted the characters to reflect the game sprites as closely as possible, but have my own little touch of personality and style.
I really like it when people make big collections of characters like this. I bet you could even do a “Where’s Waldo” type game with this pic 😛
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to EarthBound Characters Poster
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues