An EarthBound 64 Petition Surprise
Josh sent this in the other day:
The title of the piece is “Good Friends/Bad Friends”, named after the ending song during the credits. In this piece is every single enemy and boss sprite from the game (not including color palette swaps/clones). Also included is friends/allies, such as the Hint Man, Weapons Dealer, and Apple Kid. Yes, even the white and black sesame seeds. Altogether, there is 142 characters in this piece. Each character, depending on size and complexity, took me from 1-3 hours. I took the utmost caution in paying attention to detail. You see, I wanted this to reflect the way I remembered earthbound as a kid. So I wanted the characters to reflect the game sprites as closely as possible, but have my own little touch of personality and style.
I really like it when people make big collections of characters like this. I bet you could even do a “Where’s Waldo” type game with this pic 😛
Other Related Posts:
32 Comments to EarthBound Characters Poster
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...