Big and Crazy SNES RPG Auction
Popular Posts:None found
For a while now, I’ve wanted to make MP3 rips of the MOTHER 1+2 music – mostly just because it’d be nice to have around sometimes, usually to show people the difference between the original games’ music and the GBA ports’. Some GSF archives exist, which you can get here:
GSF files are basically the GBA equivalent of SPC files – they’re music data taken from the ROMs and have to be played by special players. You can find what plugins/players are available for your system here.
Anyway, I was hoping someone here with more spare time could time and tag these files. As they are now, they basically run for the same amount of time, even if it means looping 20 times or being cut off before the full song is completed. Once someone can time them, I’ll post MP3 archives of them here for everyone to leech off of 😛
Incidentally, here are three songs from the MOTHER 2 side of MOTHER 1+2. You can tell just from these ones how bleh the music turned out.
I haven’t listened to the full GBA soundtrack in a while, are there any songs you remember as being particularly poorly-ported?
Other Related Posts:
33 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 GSF Music Download
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.