May 20th, 2011 | Merchandise, MOTHER 1, Videos

Yesterday I posted a quick blurb about a neat MOTHER guide I got. My girlfriend thought a video review of it would be cool, so she made one here:

I’ve actually always wanted to make videos that take closer looks at MOTHER/EB merchandise like this, so maybe there’ll be more videos down the road. I *really* need to update it a lot, but here’s a very incomplete list of my collection, including the MOTHER/EarthBound stuff I have. Any stuff on there that you think would be good to do a similar video review of?

18 Comments to MOTHER 1 Strategy Guide Video

TheBatFax said on May. 20, 2011

Kinda like that the guide omits the boss strategy.

LucasTizma said on May. 20, 2011

ガ-ガ-ガ-ガ-ガールフレンド?

😛 I like the music playing in the background!

ozwalled said on May. 20, 2011

Very cool video. I’d love to see a scan of that map that appears in the early part of the book, seen at 1:15, and any other such maps in the book that I may have missed on the flip-though. Very cool book, and quite worthy of a video entry to expand on the text/ image entry made previously.

A lovely video for a really wonderful piece of Mother merchandise. 🙂 Would love to get my hands on one of those.

kenisu said on May. 21, 2011

Oh man. I really shouldn’t have watched that video; now I must own a copy of that guide.

Poe said on May. 21, 2011

oz – I took a picture of the map here: http://media.gameswag.com/image/dsRWt3BuzYGhIF4ostMJSR2p/original_NFguiFuHk3SDePI69J9OTStDQMruBMWE.jpg

lol that’s one ugly url

I can try to get a better picture if you want.

Qiezei said on May. 21, 2011

This stuff is pretty cool! I have two guides I’ve been meaning to scan, but I just never got around to it. I did recently scan a M3 doujin (Homeland 2) at my other blog, though, and I plan on doing more when I get the chance.

RandomGuardian said on May. 21, 2011

2:27! :O It has the MOTHER 2 and 3 snowman bucket head thing. Anyways I personaly dont think getting scans would be any use at all but what ever you want to do with it, it wont matter to me.

??? said on May. 21, 2011

Epic! I Want.

JFDP13 said on May. 22, 2011

Hey Tomato… translate that guide!

Poe said on May. 22, 2011

If you guys really want this guide and don’t mind using a proxy like Celga or somesuch, look here: http://gameswag.com/view/mother-complete-surefire-strategy-book/ and scroll down until you see the Yahoo! Auctions Japan stuff on the right. There’s one on there right now! 🙂

EnnuiKing said on May. 22, 2011

It’s unfortunate that GameFAQs has made the days of strategy guides like this obsolete. I definitely prefer awesome original hand-drawn art over ASCII representations of video game logos.

Leirin said on May. 24, 2011

Pretty quirky to leave out the final boss strategy. But…I kinda like the idea! And I will admit to laughing at Ninten’s crass language 😛

skyrunner14 said on May. 25, 2011

Just out of curiosity… is that your voice? You sound really young if it is.

Mato said on May. 25, 2011

No, it’s Poe’s.

radio active ping pong squirrels said on May. 28, 2011

check out my typed pistol. yes i realize its off topic.

….____________
../_||||||_________|]
..)……..(_(__) /——‘
../……../
./.__../

.... said on May. 30, 2011

I wish we could see the clayfigures more

gg said on Jun. 18, 2011

Ninten looks like Ash!

Zoom! said on Aug. 25, 2011

@Mato Poe’s?! Sorry, I’m confused..

Find Merchandise!