EarthBound Photographer’s Surprise
I’m a little late to the party, but some weeks back Chewy posted her translation of an interview Shigesato Itoi did months before MOTHER 1’s release in 1989. Check it out here! Here’s a random snippet:
Plans for MOTHER first took shape two years ago, but at that time all I was thinking about was whether I’d be able to have someone make a game for me. I called up a friend and asked if what I had in mind would make a good game. And then later on someone at Nintendo just so happened to call me in regards to some other work. I knew that was my big chance, so I brought them my own proposal as well. So it turned out that my making a Nintendo game was entirely coincidental. (laughs)
Give Chewy your thanks, she’s a translating machine!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Itoi Interview Before MOTHER’s Release
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...