Postcards for EarthBound
I’m a little late to the party, but some weeks back Chewy posted her translation of an interview Shigesato Itoi did months before MOTHER 1’s release in 1989. Check it out here! Here’s a random snippet:
Plans for MOTHER first took shape two years ago, but at that time all I was thinking about was whether I’d be able to have someone make a game for me. I called up a friend and asked if what I had in mind would make a good game. And then later on someone at Nintendo just so happened to call me in regards to some other work. I knew that was my big chance, so I brought them my own proposal as well. So it turned out that my making a Nintendo game was entirely coincidental. (laughs)
Give Chewy your thanks, she’s a translating machine!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Itoi Interview Before MOTHER’s Release
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.