EarthBound Battle Debug Menu Found
A while ago we discovered that EarthBound was originally intended (or most likely was, anyway) to have a standard-sized Super NES game box with different box art than what we got in the end. (reference 1, reference 2).
Just today, an auction was posted on eBay for a promotional poster that features a lot of box art from the 1994/1995-ish era, including that proto box art of EarthBound, you can check it out here.
The poster was used in retail stores – I can totally see this being hung up in a store like Babbage’s or something like that. It’s cool that old promo stuff like that is still around, maybe there’s still hope for some more official EarthBound posters to be found!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to EB Proto Box Art Poster for Sale
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...