MOTHER 1 & 3 Mario Paint Music
A while ago we discovered that EarthBound was originally intended (or most likely was, anyway) to have a standard-sized Super NES game box with different box art than what we got in the end. (reference 1, reference 2).
Just today, an auction was posted on eBay for a promotional poster that features a lot of box art from the 1994/1995-ish era, including that proto box art of EarthBound, you can check it out here.
The poster was used in retail stores – I can totally see this being hung up in a store like Babbage’s or something like that. It’s cool that old promo stuff like that is still around, maybe there’s still hope for some more official EarthBound posters to be found!
Other Related Posts:
8 Comments to EB Proto Box Art Poster for Sale
- Lucas: Even EarthBound HD Collection(Zero,EarthBound,2) may see light of a day only to Wii U.
- dragonwarriorquestsagain: This is really neat.
- Chivi-chivik: Holy shit, their computer must have a shitload of Gigs of RAM! I’d love to go through there!!!
- game4brains: I believe that his blue skin was a result of improper protection when he traveled to the Cave of the Past. This justifies why he...
- Viridi: They seem to have the most trouble with menues