Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW

May 28th, 2011 | EarthBound, EarthBound 64, Images, MOTHER 3

Apparently the July 2011 issue of Official Nintendo Magazine of Australia has some little blurbs about EarthBound and the MOTHER games:

(click for full size)

Nothing much, but it’s always nice to see mentions in magazines. Even if they all use the same handful of screenshots every time (like this phenomenon) 😛 Is “fashion” really spelled like “fasion” in Australia, though?

Many thanks to Winifred for the tip and the scan 😀

23 Comments to EarthBound Stuff in ONM Australia

KingDarian said on May. 28, 2011

You can’t really blame the media for using the same set of screenshots. This was one of the few “from-the-source” shots released in the MOTHER 3 World site, so maybe it’s one of the very few available for them to officially release.

Dlakii said on May. 28, 2011

Not so long ago, I’d probably have snarked about the idea of Australian mass gaming media, even (or /especially/ depending on your point of view) an official Nintendo publication, being aware of the MOTHER series’ existence, but… I’m a bit too busy being quite pleased by the acknowledgement of the series by the Australian media. Yeah. 😛

Christie said on May. 28, 2011

“The internet kids have been crying out for a comeback ever since.”

XDD

Rafael R120 said on May. 28, 2011

Hah, wow. They even mentioned EB64 :D!

TalonKhan said on May. 28, 2011

The Internet Kids?…Wait we part of a club?!…I would like a jacket or better yet A HAT! >w>

Anonymoose said on May. 28, 2011

You’d think more people would have caught on by now that you can play it via emulator with a special fan-bound patch…

Randomguardian said on May. 28, 2011

I was not crying ;_;
I hope that that’s how they spell fashion because if not, that’s a pretty glaring typo.

Ross said on May. 28, 2011

Looked it up; typo!

Floisonkeya said on May. 28, 2011

…If you were wondering who the random ‘Winifred’ is, it’s Floisonkeya from SM.net (hi!)

As mentioned above, Fasion is a typo (We may add in u’s, but we don’t drop off h’s XD)

But then again that little written part on Earthbound was covered by paragraphs and paragraphs of info on other HAL Laboratory games(mostly Kirby) so it’s not very noticeable.

LakituAl said on May. 28, 2011

I don’t take kindly to the word “crying” they used, it’s more of a “signing petitions and helping Mato and co. with translations a professional would be getting paid for.” Also, trololo at fasion.

NpcMan said on May. 28, 2011

Hey I’m Australian and get that Magazine!

NpcMan said on May. 28, 2011

Also I think Fasion is a Miss-print

8BitWalugi said on May. 28, 2011

I noticed the article. It was interesting, but a shame that they didn’t even mention the Fan Translation.

I might have to e-mail them…

8BitWalugi said on May. 28, 2011

I just e-mailed them. Nothing special, just informing them of the fan-lation patch and how they should’ve given credit to Mato and the others, where due.

I also mentioned that it was a big mistake not releasing Mother 3 stateside and they should put it up on the 3DS’ e-Shop.

Richard said on May. 29, 2011

Hey, that article is in UK’s official nintendo magazine too. I know, coz i subscribe. Australia ONM and UK ONM must be related 😀

PK-Gaming said on May. 29, 2011

@LakituAl I think they meant “begging out loud”.

Scalemate said on May. 29, 2011

Haha, ‘fasion’. Classy.

It’s pretty interesting considering that they even mentioned EarthBound 64 at all by my standards.

Have they even ever mentioned EarthBound 64 in Nintendo Power or one of those Nintendo video game magazines sold in North America?

JAMESGHOST said on May. 30, 2011

LOL australia…o wait…

JAMESGHOST said on May. 30, 2011

also no, australians spell fashion as ‘fashion’ its just our dumb nachure nature to mispell things

8BitWalugi said on May. 31, 2011

Irony because you spelt ‘Nature’ wrong.

MarioFan3 said on Jun. 2, 2011

I hate typos like that, being an Australian I actually really hate how we’re stereotyped, no thanks to Steve Irwin and the move “Australia”… ugh VERY BAD way of presenting us to the world guys, well done.

No we don’t live out in the middle of nowhere, we don’t add y to everything we say, and we don’t have that olden day, super posh English accent. Statistically though, Australia has the laziest accent in the world so go figure 😛

NoA (Australia instead of America) is infamous for their laziness, here’s a semi-recent example: In the AUS version of the SSBB guide (and in the game) they put all Pokemon names in all caps eg. PIKACHU, but I found Diglett is still in lower case… um what?

Nyx said on Feb. 28, 2012

All caps in America, MarioFan3.

Ring064 said on Jan. 28, 2013

funny because the only ONM aus magazine i have is this exact issue…and funny because then i didnt know much about earthbound XD

Find Merchandise!