Mother: Cognitive Dissonance 2.0 Released
When EarthBound was released it came in a jumbo-sized box because it also contained the big player’s guide. But there were actually regular-size boxes for EarthBound made that were used as in-store displays! jeet was nice enough to let me have some scans of the box, which you can see here:
These actually tend to go for a lot on eBay, in fact there’s one on there right now with a buy-it-now for like $125. I really wouldn’t say it’s worth THAT much though 😯
byuu (of bsnes fame) has been working on an interesting Super NES preservation project here, and during it he sent me some very high-quality scans of this display box. Each one is 40 MB in size and needs a lot of image manipulation prowess before it’s in a good enough state for me to give out. So if anyone here is good at cleaning up high quality scans of box art, send me an e-mail. The extent of my skills is: resize, then sharpen.
And, while I’m here, if you’re into EarthBound / MOTHER merchandise, this shameless plug might interest you, if you haven’t checked it out already!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to EarthBound Display Boxes
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic